Gardiners brush.....makes you work faster with less water?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by SPCleaning, Dec 10, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I normally use a phoenix hybrid pole with a vikan brush. Recently I bought a SLX-35 with a Medium mixed dual brush. This normally only gets used once every couple of days and then goes back into the van in readiness for the next really high job.

Today I decided to use it all day even though it is a little cumbersome for all day use and I flew through my work. All finished and home by 2pm. When I went to refill the tank I was shocked to note that I still had about 200ltrs of water on board.

So,.......has the wife been slipping something in my tea to make me work faster, or could it be that the pole/brush combination has had an impact?

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

She slipped a few squirts of 'vision' in your tank :D

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

You think a Gardiners dual trim is more cumbersome than a Vikan? :confused:

4. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

canny see it tuffers

5. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

No Tuffers, I meant the 35' pole, compared to the 22' I use for normal daily use. I don't really like the vikan much since using the Gardiners one.

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Gotcha :thumbsup:. Have you tried the Phoenix with the Gardiners brush combo at all?

7. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

No, but It might be worth experimenting with it. I can clearly see why so many of you guys promote other brands of brush over the Vikan. The Gardiners brush is a pleasure to use.

8. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Vikan brushes used for wfp window cleaning are usually vehicle cleaning brushes. They were never intended to be used for working at height cleaning windows.

Water fed pole window cleaning brushes have been available for a few years now, the suppliers that still sell Vikan’s vehicle cleaning brush as window cleaning brushes, either do it because they don’t know better, or they do know better, but the margins are too good for them to stop doing this.

9. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

I would take two base sections off your SLX, buy a butt cap for the newly exposed section & then you can use it as a SLX 25- only adding the other sections as & when required.;) The medium super-lite is a far better brush than any Vikan & a fraction of the weight. I'm looking forward to the new range of Xtreme brushes coming out early next year with 7 rows of bristles.

10. seye

seye Forum Addict

I thought the rectangle vikan pro red bristle non flagged brush was a window cleaning brush that's what I have used with out any problems. Might try a new one in the new year but in no rush as the vikan works for me.

Advertisement