Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vac

They're very good for light dirt, struggle with big clumps that are tied into roof. First floor I still ladder and use pro gutter cleaning tools that are adapted to my reach and wash pole. Biggest problem for gutter vacs and these tools is lack of gap between tile and gutter.

I'm gona also get pro gutter tools but in the mean time got an extension gutter set off ebay with a half metal circle end that attaches (to drag dirt along) and a different end to loosen any dirt prior to this.

More so for access above porches, this was bought. Used a handymans set last year when he seen me struggling to reach the gutters end, it worked well so got the same set up for 25 quid I think it was.

No tools for me, just my hands and an Unger pole with a bastardised squegee on the end for harder to reach areas. Can't think of a single time I've ever needed anything else. I've tried a few gutter tools, usually lost them and never missed them.

Use your hands, best tools you own.

No tools for me, just my hands and an Unger pole with a bastardised squegee on the end for harder to reach areas. Can't think of a single time I've ever needed anything else. I've tried a few gutter tools, usually lost them and never missed them.
Use your hands, best tools you own.
With a good gutter tool one man over the downpipe and 1 on the ground with a tool fitted on the end of an extension pole, you can do a full side with 1 ladder position in a few minutes. If you only do the odd job then I agree, if you do a lot then gutter tools and vacs are very useful.

With a good gutter tool one man over the downpipe and 1 on the ground with a tool fitted on the end of an extension pole, you can do a full side with 1 ladder position in a few minutes. If you only do the odd job then I agree, if you do a lot then gutter tools and vacs are very useful.
Sounds like a good technique, I work on my own so never had the chance to try that. I do a couple of gutter jobs a month. Not enough to justify the cost of a gutter vac, maybe some gutter tools.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock