Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gates locked but customer reminded

WCF

Help Support WCF:

For me, it’s clean the fronts only for half price.

It’s a nice little earner. I’d do fronts only all the time if I could. Unfortunately if the custy does it a second time they get dumped. 

Who makes up these rules?!! Oh I do.

You don’t have to type each message just type once copy it and then I have each days work in areas grouped so I can send them all the message at once. Sending evening messages takes less than 5mins for me probably 2 and most of my customers appreciate it even ones I don’t have to text for access

i know an older windy who has never sent a text so loses customers to me because of this 

if Mentioned in a chat and they say a text would be preferable I add them into said group job done

Normal procedure would be to charge just over half or a little bit over for the amount of windows so if there’s more at back just charge half

if they’re doing it regularly even texts the night before just ask them if they just need fronts cleaning and explain when the backs need doing it will be slightly more for the extra dirt etc. IMO people don’t just keep forgetting ?

You haven’t lost any money unless you’ve drove miles to them by not doing  the backs surely you can fill the time with another job? If it was an isolated job they would be dropped second time it happened 
For me the charging two thirds rule is to give them an incentive to unlock the gate and to give me an incentive to keep cleaning their windows.  Inevitably eventually the backs will be such a mess that they will make sure the gate is unlocked, at that point it would be like doing a first clean.  So that extra bit you get for doing the fronts only, in my mind I put that towards the extra time it will take me to clean the back when they eventually unlock the gate.

So say on a £20 job, front only would be £15, £10 is the work rate £5 is the extra.  That £5 then goes towards the next time I'm there, if they unlock the gate then it's £15 for the back £10 for the front.  If they forget to unlock the gate again then it's another £5 that goes towards cleaning the back.  So next time it would be £20 to clean the back £10 for the front.

Hope that makes sense.  Doing it that way keeps me happy, happy in the knowledge that even if they have the gate locked for 6 months, I've more than earned enough extra doing the fronts only to cover the extra time it will take to get the backs clean.

Don't really have a problem but have one job that I've not done the backs since before Christmas.  Front only is £10 and it's 3 small windows, the rear is a conservatory and 3 windows on the house.  So it will be bad when I eventually get to do it but I've effectively been paid £60 to do 18 small windows since Christmas, so I'll happily spend double the usual time to do the backs.

If I had just charged half then I would not be compensated for the extra time needed to do the back.

Hope that makes sense.

You don’t have to type each message just type once copy it and then I have each days work in areas grouped so I can send them all the message at once. Sending evening messages takes less than 5mins for me probably 2 and most of my customers appreciate it even ones I don’t have to text for access

i know an older windy who has never sent a text so loses customers to me because of this 

if Mentioned in a chat and they say a text would be preferable I add them into said group job done
Each to there own but after 22 years I have no intention of starting txt customers, I would be quite happy to loose a load of them to be honest far to much work coming in ?? but that doesn’t happen ???

In that case send a text the afternoon before: "Your windows will be cleaned tomorrow", then in the morning at what you feel is a reasonable time, send another text reminding to unlock the gate to the ones that usually forget. 
Totally pointless and we are running businesses and shouldn't have to text people twice, I'm busy enough and will happily charge them full price if they don't have the gate open, 

But they are owt like my wife who says she doesn't always reads her texts then whines about something I told her about in a text that she never read, then sends me multiple texts at work asking questions and whines about me not answering her texts about something important, when I've told her to ring me if it's important and yet she's never off her feckin phone ??

Each to there own but after 22 years I have no intention of starting txt customers, I would be quite happy to loose a load of them to be honest far to much work coming in ?? but that doesn’t happen ???
The thing is though Paul I have customers with dogs and dog theft is rife these days as are scrap lads walking into peoples gardens and lots happening on new build estates also thieving, lot more people with padlocked and or bolted gates, offering a text is a great option which a lot of my custys find great and are really pleased that I offer this. 

The thing is though Paul I have customers with dogs and dog theft is rife these days as are scrap lads walking into peoples gardens and lots happening on new build estates also thieving, lot more people with padlocked and or bolted gates, offering a text is a great option which a lot of my custys find great and are really pleased that I offer this. 
Lol we live in a low crime area things like this are very rare but I hear what you are saying, , we don’t take on work with access issu full stop unless they give us keys or codes 

A text the night before also saves turning up and being told not today (various excuses) and helps plan your day. 

Back