Giving work to another window cleaner

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Clisty1989, Nov 25, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

Quick question. I've got 2 customers that are a bit out of my way and have found someone with a round on the area, how's the best way to go about it? Should I tell the customers well in advance or let the other bloke deal with it? Any advice and tips would be great

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Go and get more in that area and build a days worth, I am so over giving away work.

If it's too far for me it's too far and I will let the customer deal with it themselves, over the years I have passed loads of work to other windies and it's always a one way street.

3. TolishAPurd

Not exactly sure what you're asking, but if you are just looking to get rid then give them his number, and tell them to say you sent them- it makes them feel like they are being looked after.;) Also the windy will know it was you that sent them and maybe, good karma. Never ever palm off **** ones though. If they are even slightly troublesome, give them a fake number, or just stop turning up.

4. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

I've tried to get more down there but there are loads of window cleaners there, the only reason I got those is because 1 just moved in and got there first and the other had a window that there window cleaner refused to do as it meant going on a flat roof i have canvassed it to death to no avail

5. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I would send them a letter stating that you are no longer able to clean their windows and forget it. I have given work to others and they have failed to turn up. Then the phone calls start, wanting to know when the new window cleaner is coming, or why he/she is not answering their phone.

6. Damo

Damo Guru

Send a letter, sent quite a few out this year.

I dropped 90£ in one town, in 3 years i never picked up anymore work. I ummed and arrrr'd for months. On the Sunday the letters went out and i felt better.

I couldn't get it into my head that i needed to just drop them. I saw it as bad business. This £90 would see me averaging £20 per hour at best. On the Tuesday same week i got a call about a commercial job i quoted a few months back andddddddddddd its £90 takes 2 hours inc 10 min travel time (5 mins from normal round)

Dropping work is deffo the thing todo. So far i am quids in this year on restructuring. I was thinking employment wayyyyyyyy to early. My turnover has increased by 10-20% and all i have done is dropped/lost or gained better work.

I have about 40 houses up for sale/sold process. Each one will get a price increase!

Advertisement