Giving your round a 'catchment' area

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Green Pro Clean Ltd, Feb 12, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Green Pro Clean Ltd

We have all done it at some point, picked up that odd house that fits nowhere in our round, too far out or just in an area you don't want to work.

I think that having a catchment area for customers may not be a bad thing, just a list of postcode areas you are willing to cover. Found this great little site Find UK Postcodes Inside a Radius just put in your postcode and how far you want to travel (5 miles, 10 miles etc) and it pulls up a map and list of all postcodes in that area.

Just food for thought.

Advertisement
  2. Markyboy 50

Just charge em travelling. I've got a house that I charge £45 for. It's 4 miles from that house to my nearest job. 8 miles total. If the house was next door to mine I would only charge £25. Maybe £30 tops.

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

You could do but for those like me that don't want to be driving here there and everywhere this just gives an option to say 'sorry outside my area' not that you actually need a predetermined area to be able to say no to a job. :)

4. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I once drew a circle on a map and said that I would take nothing outside the circle. I failed because a tasty job would be offered so I drew a bigger circle, then another and another. :D

5. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

Gotta go where the work is. I do enjoy it when I can spend the whole day in one village. Time is money.

Advertisement