Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Black paint on upvc

WCF

Help Support WCF:

M

Monkeyfoot

Got asked to see a lady out in the sticks, she's got an annexe that used to be a barn. Recently the timber sidings have been painted black & there's a fair bit of paint in the windows. I'll use a blade for the glass but what about the frames? Not just a few spots, there's dollops of it! Would think the paint is sadolin or similar. Have read 'bond it solvent cleaner' might do the job. Any suggestions from anyone who's done this before? Would be very grateful, if I get this done I can get the whole house which looks like it's worth a fortune. Thanks in advance

I use the solvent cleaner you mention, it's a bit of hit and miss with paint - fence paint it nukes it, decking paint/varnish it copes, some paint it just doesn't touch. Worth a try though but make sure you nip round to do a test patch to see how long it takes (if it works) as the job becomes less important when you point out it will take 30-60minutes to get the paint off one blummin window!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I used some screwfix degreaser and a bit of fine steel wool the other day and that seemed to get fence paint off quite well. Might be worth trying a test patch first

Back