Glass Types

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Matty H, Mar 9, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

I cleaned a conservatory today - and I've never seen glass so hydrophobic before - the water was literally "sheeting" of it as I cleaned it. It felt silky under the brush and even the PVC frames had a similar feel - by the time I'd done a panel and moved onto the next the previous one was literally dry :~} I know they have "self cleaning" glass :D but this stuff was just weird - perhaps a new type of glass I've never seen before. One thing for certain - it won't take me long next time :)

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

I hate cleaning that type of glass, seems as soon as the water touches it, it's gone annoys me.

3. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

I think you are thinking of "self cleaning" glass mate (which doesn't actually work) this was different though I can't explain it.

4. Paul

Paul Guest

I'm guessing something had been put on it if the frames were the same ??, not to moan tho of it makes tour job easier.

5. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I know what you are talking about Matty, i have a few customers with glass like that, bliss isnt it?!

6. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

It sure is bliss. On the other side of the coin, I have a few houses where, when detailing,my cloths seem to almost stick tothe glass.....really slows you down.

Advertisement