Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Go electric or stay diesel ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thats pretty impressive. Much better than the e vito and the vw transporters range plus correct me if I am wrong, the warranty issued by toyota is 5 years? or is it 7?
Warranty is 5 years but can extend to up to 10 years if you have it serviced with them.

8 year warranty on the batteries.

75kw proace, expert or vivaro should all get 200 miles range with the Toyota version winning on the longer warranty.

That’s interesting. Not as big of a hit with a full tank. I thought it would have halved it. And yeah 120 a day is more than plenty! How you finding it cost wise? Like have you figured out the per day cost & compared to diesel?
To work out cost you would need to find out how much you pay per kWh for electricity then X that by the battery size.

With electricity more expensive at the moment I think im about £15 a week. I haven't as yet went on to a cheaper EV charge tariff.

To work out cost you would need to find out how much you pay per kWh for electricity then X that by the battery size.

With electricity more expensive at the moment I think im about £15 a week. I haven't as yet went on to a cheaper EV charge tariff.
on the news the other week they were saying that car charging was going to be charged at a higher rate than domestic tariff not less ?

on the news the other week they were saying that car charging was going to be charged at a higher rate than domestic tariff not less ?
Also, they aren't expecting energy prices to drop back to 2019 levels till 2030 so the running costs of electric might be volatile for some time and be more expensive than running a diesel or petrol vehicle

Totally agree with you, it's just generate long term money and to stop giving money to the arabs for oil
Arabs don’t need the oil income anymore they have reinvested the money they have already made and we are now all paying them through 100s of other streams (15% of sainsburys dividends is one off the top of my head), if the ass fell out of oil tomorrow they would be ok for a shilling

We use a Toyota pro ace 50kw electric with a 500ltr for one of our local window cleaning rounds.

I think it is great to drive making the diesel vans seem old fashioned.

If you can charge the van on you driveway (as many of us do with our leisure battery's anyway)
Then the charging and range isn't a issue.

No problems with ad blue or dpf either and servicing costs are reduced.

Going to go for the 75kw version of the proace to replace another one of our vans as this is now available with a better range of about 200 miles.
Thinking of getting a Volkswagen ABTe but not to sure how the tank will be fitted as the battery is under the floor. How did you fix the tank in your Toyota.

Arabs don’t need the oil income anymore they have reinvested the money they have already made and we are now all paying them through 100s of other streams (15% of sainsburys dividends is one off the top of my head), if the ass fell out of oil tomorrow they would be ok for a shilling
That's what they thought then covid hit and crude price went negative. They were heading for bankruptcy and had to tap all the Arabs for Billions. The Oil money is their ready cash, the moment it dries up then they are in big trouble. Companies, countries all need ready cash in their reserves that's why we say Cash is King.

Latest Posts

Back