Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gocardless

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I think the crux of it is it all depends on your mindset and how you want your business to run. If you are happy to send reminder texts, let people pay up after 2, 3, or 4 cleans, and spend a few years sifting through picking up customers that will eventually become slow payers and you will bin off. Then of course Bank Transfer and cash are the cheaper option, with probably more scope for picking up customers quicker. Personally I think all those things just waste time.

On the other side of the coin, there is GC. Of course, you will get certain ones who will be put off by DD. But in my eyes they aren't worth being a customer anyway. In my opinion if you are just starting out it's better to try and build slower and better than quicker and worser.

So if you want an efficient round where you get a constant daily good size drop of money, no reminders, no debt build ups, for a small fee then GC is for you. If you are happy to send reminders, and let people build up debt, but want to build quicker then bank transfer etc is for you.

I am 90% GC and don't regret it.

On a quick note. I quoted a decent size house for £60 the other day. When I mention DD she scrunched her face and said no she's not keen on handing out details. I explained it's the only method I use so unless she signs up she won't be getting cleaned unfortunately. I explained it's safe and one of the most protected forms of payment. And said I'd send the link by email and it's up to her no pressure. She said ok but she's not sure at all.
I sent the link and by the time I'd left the drive a notification popped up on my phone and she'd signed up. Sometimes it just needs people to have confidence in you.

Sometimes it just needs people to have confidence in you.
I think it's more confidence in yourself and what you offer is the key. You were very straight with her and sound like you were confident in the service you were offering. Because you're confident in what you're offering that will show in your body language and the tone of your voice etc. Your confidence then gives the customer confidence in thinking if you're that confident then you must be right. It's a natural human instinct.

Confidence is the key to most successes in life.

I first tried moving customers over to GC a few years ago, to be honest it was a struggle and I gave up on it for a while, I did get a few on it though and that gave me a better understanding of it and gave me confidence.

I gave it another push and decided not to except bank transfer for new customers, I use squeegee and it works great with GC when I sign a new customer up I show them the preview page and explain I will never take a payment until after the job is complete, they seem to really understand when I say “when I swipe to say the job is complete it will automatically apply for the payment”.

I now have a majority on GC and the time it saves is amazing, no more knocking on the door for payment, no more checking for payments, no more reminder texts, when I do price increases there is no more customers paying the old price by accident.

It’s also much more convenient for the customer and I do find these customers more reliable

I find it helps with customer retention too. When customers have to send you the payment manually then they feel the loss more and if they're on the fence about keeping you they'll often cancel but the same customers don't always notice direct debits going out. There are also customers that I were planning on dropping due to constant late payment but I've given some the choice of gocardless or find another cleaner and many of them have signed up and not had any problems since.

I have been recommended to get gocardless to save running round after payments.

Has anybody had much use from this and is it helpful and work with no issues?

Please can you let me know your experiences.

Thanks guys
I use this & been using it for about five years no more collecting no more wasting your time going back to customers when they’re not home. All expensive fuel costs. It’s basically a direct debit service. I use mine through CleanerPlanner it’s integrated so it’s easier. Basically you work a week in hand what you do on Monday you get paid seven days later what you do Tuesday you get paid the following Tuesday and so on and so on it’s cost-effective I think it’s 20p per transaction & maybe 2% £35 job cost 0.90p

I use this & been using it for about five years no more collecting no more wasting your time going back to customers when they’re not home. All expensive fuel costs. It’s basically a direct debit service. I use mine through CleanerPlanner it’s integrated so it’s easier. Basically you work a week in hand what you do on Monday you get paid seven days later what you do Tuesday you get paid the following Tuesday and so on and so on it’s cost-effective I think it’s 20p per transaction & maybe 2% £35 job cost 0.90p
1% + 20p, capped at £4 total. But you also need to add the 20% vat. ?

I currently have only a handful of customers signed over to Go cardless and i am struggling explaining it to them. new customers are easier to sign up to it but my existing customers are a little hesitant. i have tried email with a template but not may takers does anyone here have a good script to help me convert customers?

i know some people here are weary of Go Cardless because of the associated costs involved but it is pennies and for that you are getting peace of mind and less hassle having to chase debts up, eventually id like every customer paying this way.

I currently have only a handful of customers signed over to Go cardless and i am struggling explaining it to them. new customers are easier to sign up to it but my existing customers are a little hesitant. i have tried email with a template but not may takers does anyone here have a good script to help me convert customers?

i know some people here are weary of Go Cardless because of the associated costs involved but it is pennies and for that you are getting peace of mind and less hassle having to chase debts up, eventually id like every customer paying this way.
In terms of moving existing customers over why bother? Let them do what they've been doing a phase it out. If they're p1ssing you around paying it might be worth moving them over. I have found that using Squeegee a fair percentage of the older customers just signed up of their own accord because each invoice gives the option to do that.

In terms of moving existing customers over why bother? Let them do what they've been doing a phase it out. If they're p1ssing you around paying it might be worth moving them over. I have found that using Squeegee a fair percentage of the older customers just signed up of their own accord because each invoice gives the option to do that.
Im wanting to eventually have all my customers on go cardless. i use Cleaner planner not squeegee but putting the option on the invoices is a good idea.

Im wanting to eventually have all my customers on go cardless. i use Cleaner planner not squeegee but putting the option on the invoices is a good idea.
only if your invoicing every single customer, Squeegee I believe automatically generates an invoice you'd have to have an email addy for every customer and manually generate an invoice for every customer = a ? ache.

I did it over a period of time and dropped customers that didn't fit my profile which sounds harsh but whilst doing this I was gaining new jobs their only option was GC which they had no issue with, The stragglers I was happy to keep on my rounds that where paying bacs they got a letter ahead of me changing my bank the majority just switched to GC and I had 2-3 that just wanted to continue with bacs which was no issue for me.

Back