Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

going in a area with window cleaner are

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ever watched world combat league??

Good old chuck norris started that and owns it..if not utube it, it is awesome

3 minute fight..penalised for holding or hesitating and the majority of fights end in knockout

Hell for leather

I'm sure when i used to watch thai boxing on the fight channel forest griffin used to fight..i may be wrong but sure he's got a thai boxing background
If you ever get chance to watch smashing machine mate it's good watch shows the dark side about mma and the crazy drugs involved

Just carry on like it never happened. Assaid above; never ever undercut. And if a customer wants a price off you, either match the price, or better still go higher. If they go for the higher price then the previous windy must be shocking, and he can never winge that he was undercut.

I will undercut..not intentionally but if someone asks me for a quote i will quote what i think without knowing the previous guys prices

I sometimes ask afterwards out of interest and i am usually more expensive but never through knowing what the previous price was

Deliberately undercutting is naughty though and drives down prices for all of us

I was just about say same daveyboy

I never ask what the old window cleaner charged I just quote what I think

So don't no if undercutting or not

Sometimes if ask customer what they paid I'm sure they sneakily knock few quid off anyways

The last place we were at before my old man left the Army was Bicester DaveyBoy. Been up here now for 24 years, my mum was from here so landed here after the retirement.

I've had it a few times where they have said a higher price then I would have quoted, so its nice to win a higher priced house for your merits.

Go ahead and undercut any job you want to!

There is no 'code of honor' or 'golden rule'

There is however cause and effect: If you cause another cleaner to loose custom by undercutting him you may well cause him to target all your customers out of revenge.

It will also cause you to end up with a round made up of under priced work that you come to detest and loath causing you to do inferior work as you will end up with a 'can't be bothered' attitude and do a half arsed job.

Customers will end up dropping you and looking else where. That is all there is too it.

As for 'areas' well my 'area' is NG4, that contains 18'000 residential addresses alone.

If you do 25 houses a day, 5 days a week 4 days a month that's 500 houses per month, who's gonna clean the other 17'500 homes? Let alone the the commercial and retail units.

If someone gives you some stick, turn the other cheek, give a bit of banter back if you fancy.

As I have said in other posts, if they get aggressive or threatening call the police, YOU PAY FOR THEM. Do it legally and maintain your professionalism in your 'area'

Like it green, never be a busy fool.

out of those 18000 at least 3-5% will make a good round.

just gotta get them lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Go ahead and undercut any job you want to!
There is no 'code of honor' or 'golden rule'

There is however cause and effect: If you cause another cleaner to loose custom by undercutting him you may well cause him to target all your customers out of revenge.

It will also cause you to end up with a round made up of under priced work that you come to detest and loath causing you to do inferior work as you will end up with a 'can't be bothered' attitude and do a half arsed job.

Customers will end up dropping you and looking else where. That is all there is too it.
Perfectly put.

its a free enterprise.one golden rule.never willingly undercut another window cleaner.even though some **** have done it to me.a good winter will sought the men from the boys.

Its the best solution,

And add in you've been about for years doing the odd house & built it up.

However, you under cut a price? Then that's on your head & to solve.

is it true that shop front window cleaning was once mafia in london? and you could get beaten up for snooping around someones turf? i heard in new york shop fronts it used to be like that

Probably no balls to get out and say it to your faceI was bullied for 2 years at senior school until i lost it once and chinned one of the twins who were the hardest in the year and became best mates with them..geezer apologised aas he was slagging off my mum like kids do and pushed me to it

He could have battered me if he wanted

Anyway i digress..my point being i can't stand bullies of any sort and you have to ignore it as you still have to put food on the table whether they want you there or not

If it comes to it a swift kick in the nuts and then the heel of your palm straight in the nose krav maga stylee will stop anyone so don't worry

Or the sensible way like @green says phone the old bill and explain they're trying to intimidate you if they carry on

I know which i would prefer lol
ahh it s the famous way of gangsters to make freinds with anyone challenging their authority cos there scared of loosing respect from the cowards, so they become freinds with you

I've only been in this game for a few months but the more customers I gain and the more experience I gain, the more confident I am with meeting other windies. Initially I thought "****", I'm on their patch, they're gonna be ****** off with me.

The attitude I have now is that we are all trying to earn a living, as long as we don't intentionally undercut one another, all customers are fair game.

It's not personal, it's business!

I regularly chat to the local guys round here

No sense in all the animosity between us

One of them is on here @Adams0211 and we both work the same area

Plenty of work to go round so not an issue

Lots of other businesses share the same territory so why not window cleaners

I've actually passed work onto other guys, even though I only have 20 custies, both were looking for a windie and approached me, but the houses were no use for me to do trad and I said I would pass their details over to someone I met who did WFP. No harm in being in the same area as another windie, if they are a nugget then that will reflect on thier work and end up losing customers to no other than you. It's a big country with plenty of houses around and at the end of the day they choose who cleans thier Windows.

Back