Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Going to go hot wfp ...some heater thoughts and questions

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cut holes in the van floor then and use diesel fired water heater
Sounds a bit technical there smurf how do you fit that?? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

with a saw/drill but make sure frank don't damage yer break pipes, fuel tank etc. God help us all /emoticons/biggrin.png

I don't think I can drill any more holes in my van smurf [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I have probably one of the best hot water systems you can by it was £11000 fitted I kid you not. And if I were to be 100% honest I would say I use the hot water 10% of the time if that I have been cleaning windows for over 30years and would have to say on a WFP system the extra cost of buying and running a hot water system is just not worth it .as far as making any difference both in time and the finish.

Hi I have probably one of the best hot water systems you can by it was £11000 fitted I kid you not. And if I were to be 100% honest I would say I use the hot water 10% of the time if that I have been cleaning windows for over 30years and would have to say on a WFP system the extra cost of buying and running a hot water system is just not worth it .as far as making any difference both in time and the finish.

Aren't you going to tell us what heater it is then Spanish Pete?

Who in their right mind would pay 11k for that… obviously whoever buys one has more money than sense :rolleyes:

How come you don't think hot cleans any better than just cold pure?

For me I find it cuts through the grime better on the likes of glass, plastics & cladding not to mention painted surfaces like wall etc

No 100% don't agree I have done a back to back on a few different jods and its no faster and doesn't clean any better. That's only my opinion and speaking to other window cleaners who have used both most agree. Most of our work is commercial so might be the odd time we would use the hot.But for any body just doing houses forget it.

Put it this way I would not be using hot if I did not think it would make any difference on the type of jobs I do which is manly one-off infrequent exterior deep cleans.

However on frequent maintenance cleans then I could argue hot is not really required on most jobs I do but some with tree sap etc using hot melts it away instead of using a chem boost.

Back