Going to go hot wfp ...some heater thoughts and questions

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by trickydicky, Feb 7, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. trickydicky

trickydicky Member

I am away to purchase my first wfp system and have decided as i will be doing mainly conservatorys and fascias i feel hot water will benefit me.
    Being in a very soft water area i will be using a DI vessel....I have a couple of questions.
    As a lot of the initial cleaning can be done with non pure which i want hot is it easy enough to rig up so i can switch between hot normal and hot pure and also the option of running it cold.
    I will be using a 250 baffled upright being fed usually by the customers tap and a heater (lpg) similar to smurfs new 8l one.
    Will there be any issues with me having to use the DI before the heater or anything else that you guys think would crop up using this type of set up.
    I was going to go down a trolley route and wondered if i can still do this just hook it up to the heater when wanting hot or am i better just installing everything in the van.
    I will not be doing windows so will only have one or 2 set ups a day,

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I use a water heater either using tap water or pure no probs.
    I never tried it with a di before the pump though in the van as the water in the tank is already pure but should work the same. Might need to adjust the flow controller a wee bit more though if need be but would be no big deal I would have thaught

3. trickydicky

trickydicky Member

Thanks for the reply. Can i run the hose straight into the di vessel or heater or do i need to use the water tank ?
    When you used the heater on a trolley was it a pain in the ass re weight. I like the idea of having the hot water unit outwith the van when its on.

4. Jonathan Sanderson

Jonathan Sanderson Active Member

Tank
    Pump
    Heater
    DI
    Reel.

That set up works best. Wfp pumps are more of a pusher than a sucker if that makes sense.

5. trickydicky

trickydicky Member

I was advised to have the heater after the di vessel ...Is there a reason to have it before the di ?..The reason i ask is i have a thought that i can make up a wfp trolley which can then be left in van when i want hot water. This would mean that i would have to just hook up the di vessel exit hose to the heater for when i want hot and hook hose up to heater exit . This way i can use it as a trolley for when i require that.
    Am i missing something or would this work ?

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Myself I would have the di tank before the heater not after as I would prefer not to put hot water through the resin.

container/van tank
    pump
    di tank
    heater
    reel

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I have the heater mounted on the back of my purefreedom trolley and the gas tank where the container would normally sit (strapped in) when using the trolley in the van sucking water from either of my van tanks. If I decide I want to just use tap water to save using pure on plastics etc and the customer has an outside tap I just swap the the water heater inlet hose over to use a garden hose instead.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

But I would not fancy humping that lot about as using a trolley is bad enough let alone having the extra weight of a gas bottle & heater

10. trickydicky

trickydicky Member

Thanks for the replies. The more i think about it there doesnt seem much point spending time and money building a trolley system if im going down this hot water route. I think i will just van mount the wfp gear .
    So is it possible to just connect the garden hose to the DI if i want pure and then bypass the DI if wanting normal by just using the garden hose or do i need a tank...?

Advertisement