Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Got dumped today...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Did a first clean last week frames,sills etc. Phones me up says I left cobwebs on sills. Knew I didn't so asked whereabouts on sills. Underneath. Now maybe I've been cleaning wrong all these years. Do any of you guys clean under the sills.I clean top, sides then the down lip.
Sometimes i do wipe under the sill, more noticable on the upstairs of course, but imagine u look up at a window thats just been cleaned and the underside of the sill has been left, ur sight might be drawn to that dirt and cobwebs, most people never notice of say anything or expect it, but it is part of the window unit when u think about it

You're probably right Paul. It was just annoying and the first time in 19 years someone's mentioned it. I clean frames on every clean anyway.Tell you what though the next few days, after I cleaned underneath the upstairs sills.

you can please em all ! - its always worth remembering this, dont beat yourself up over a canceller. its a fact that many like to stick a knife in and diss your service when they cancel- simply ignore

had a custie ring me last week,my lads had done her insides and a few hours later she rang me,upset,had found black water on a sill . i listened to her moan then said "my lads did their best but told me your home was the most cluttered and filthy theyd seen in a long long time "

After a pause she started apologizing, i said im having a word with the lads about this,she said oh no,please please dont. i said well theyve got to be told.... no no, please dont im really sorry

last year one of my regulars, asked me to just do the tops as she had just bought a Karcher, i only agreed as she was the last in a line of 10 i do in that street. last month she asked me if i would do the bottoms again as she couldn't be bothered with it any more. So if he did sack you off because he thinks he can do them better himself with his little yellow friend, you may well be hearing from him again.

......I have just bumped my Gumtree ad to the top of the listings and have just noticed that the cheeky b*****d company that produce those little yellow friends have a whopping great big ad at the top of the page when custies search for a window cleaner in my area......cheeky BXXXXXX'S!

Did a first clean last week frames,sills etc. Phones me up says I left cobwebs on sills. Knew I didn't so asked whereabouts on sills. Underneath. Now maybe I've been cleaning wrong all these years. Do any of you guys clean under the sills.I clean top, sides then the down lip.
Before I hit customers with a price rise I will do a 100% job including a wipe of the upstairs cills underneath. That equates to once a year, I reckon that's plenty as they seem to stay pretty clean.

......I have just bumped my Gumtree ad to the top of the listings and have just noticed that the cheeky b*****d company that produce those little yellow friends have a whopping great big ad at the top of the page when custies search for a window cleaner in my area......cheeky BXXXXXX'S!
Like karcher pressure washers to my pressure washing I see these little yellow things as a bonus.

Do you know how many times I get to do a quote for someone who has a karcher and has done their patio/drive etc, the last guy said it took him 8 hours! and realise how dirty it is but can't be arsed to do it themselves?

I see these window cleaning thingys the same, they will gain us business /emoticons/smile.png

Didn't know there was an underneath to the sills ;-)

Latest Posts

Back