Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner super scraper. Yes or no?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

G

I'm sure I have scratched glass while using the super scraper WITH abrasive pad fitted.

Question is...

Does anyone here use the super scraper WITHOUT the abrasive pad?

Surely this is better than with the abrasive pad but can it scratch glass?

Lou

I've been down the route of scrapers on the end of the pole and discovered that though it can be helpful on occasion, it often gets in the way and is more of a hindrance than a help the rest of the time. Water (hot or cold), brush and patience works best for me. However, I've no doubt others have found it of great use for them. It's a matter of trying these tools out and seeing how you get on with them.

As far as scratching glass with the one you mentioned, I think that's only likely if you have gotten grit on the pad. Easily done if you lean your pole against a wall or it has fallen to the ground whilst not in use.

I find it handy specially in the coming months as I'm in a coastal town and the gulls will be shitting for England. Don't use it with the pads i think they are ****.

I use mine and wouldn't want to be without, think they are really handy and quick at clearing stubborn poo.

Yes I use one as and when required but the pads are **** , I use bronze wool mini pads on mine they are a whole load better .

i use mine all the time now the pad doesent scrach the glass but if u get a bit of grit in it wich is very easy then that will scrach glass ive found bronz wool pad is beta i cut them down and use lastic band to keep them in place

i use mine all the time now the pad doesent scrach the glass but if u get a bit of grit in it wich is very easy then that will scrach glass ive found bronz wool pad is beta i cut them down and use lastic band to keep them in place
Do you have to be careful not to get debris in the bronze wool pad? Same as the Gardiner pad...

Do you have to be careful not to get debris in the bronze wool pad? Same as the Gardiner pad...
no the bronz wool is a different ball game as its smove were the gardner white pads have lots of woven fibers with lots of gaps were sand gravle ect can get stuck u only have to bang the pad on a wall and u get bits of stone stuck in it

My gooseneck is complete **** on my SLX 22 and I had a nightmare getting it out to fit the SS, and afterwards I could only wedge it back in about half way so the scraper moves around a lot. I can push it into the gap to use when required - I think it's really good and makes those really horrible bird poo's more manageable using the pad. I haven't noticed it scratching the glass, but when you're working with a small space between the windows and eves/fascia's it is a complete **** and gets caught which makes it frustrating.

Nothing's perfect, but I think I'll keep it on the pole for now Spring is coming - already getting plenty of bird mess on the glass.

I use it without but I reckon they should be made so you can fit a blade on it like a trad scraper ..never used the pad I just soak the shite up the scrape after

My gooseneck is complete **** on my SLX 22 and I had a nightmare getting it out to fit the SS, and afterwards I could only wedge it back in about half way so the scraper moves around a lot. I can push it into the gap to use when required - I think it's really good and makes those really horrible bird poo's more manageable using the pad. I haven't noticed it scratching the glass, but when you're working with a small space between the windows and eves/fascia's it is a complete **** and gets caught which makes it frustrating.
Nothing's perfect, but I think I'll keep it on the pole for now Spring is coming - already getting plenty of bird mess on the glass.
I've got a dodgy gardiner Gooseneck like that it's too thick and we need to hire an Elephant to remove it I've had 2 like that now, I've also got a Extreme wide brush that's tight like that.

I've got a dodgy gardiner Gooseneck like that it's too thick and we need to hire an Elephant to remove it I've had 2 like that now, I've also got a Extreme wide brush that's tight like that.
Honestly, to get it off to fit the scraper took all my strength and nearly a sprained wrist with my girlfriend trying not to let go. Took an hour to prize it off so to get it back in just half way was a total nightmare!

Honestly, to get it off to fit the scraper took all my strength and nearly a sprained wrist with my girlfriend trying not to let go. Took an hour to prize it off so to get it back in just half way was a total nightmare!
Before you fit it back on take some sandpaper to it. That's what I did. Works a treat.

Same issue as you guys. Gardiner told me it's due to poor maintenance however sent me a new gooseneck it solved the issue but was exactly the same after another week or so.

"Gardener you are great but seems this issue needs some attention"

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back