Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin bottle possible problem.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dean Rogers

93523add1102616a39dd4751a0d36166.jpg
60ea7a5524ac141d4b23bfc417f9ace4.jpg

Changing the resin today and when I pulled

apart the riser tube although it was quite a tight fit I was wondering if there is supposed to be a black washer where the tube pushes in and meets up with the base in the main part?

Can anyone tell me if they have a washer in there one?

It's still been performing ok but I don't really measure the water usage, I just replace the resin and filter whenever it creeps up to 2/3ppm.

Cheers

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yes you will see a "o" ring inside the di head and over a period of time these will crack and sometimes come out.

If there is no "o" ring then you have a problem.

I presume the distribution cone that screws into your di head is elsewhere as not in the picture. 

Yes you will see a "o" ring inside the di head and over a period of time these will crack and sometimes come out.

If there is no "o" ring then you have a problem.

I presume the distribution cone that screws into your di head is elsewhere as not in the picture. 

Ah ok. There is a problem then. No 'O' ring in there, I thought it didn't seem right and yes there is a part that has cracked off on the inside, not sure if you can zoom in to see properly but where the O ring should sit it has a bit missing and I assume at some point in the past I have tipped it away when changing resin.

Not sure on distribution cone, what's in the picture is what I've always used, there is no other part with it.

Maybe I have an even bigger problem?

May be treating myself to a new DI vessel.

Any particular vessels better than others? I can use the main canister and just change the feeder and top part I assume.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If you look very carefully on Doug's site you will see what the distribution cone is that Doug was referring to. You will need to enlarge the picture and you will see a mesh screen.

http://www.daqua.co.uk/divessels.htm

Its down the bottom of the page. Whilst you might loose an o ring I can't see you loosing this cone. So if you bought a refurbished di vessel from Ebay, there is every possibility that they didn't include it.

Doug sells brand new units that cost more than the refurbished units on ebay, but you are guaranteed of a good working vessel.

I imagine that the reason why @doug atkinson didn't reply to your last comment was that he didn't want to fall fowl of the advertising rules on this forum.

When changing resin, fill the di vessel up with water. It makes pushing in the head and riser tube much easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you connect you di head (not in di vessel) direct to the tap then turn it on you will see the flow of water coming down in one direction.

With a distribution cone there will be a spray of water all around the riser tube and outwards.

So with your head the flow of water is only going through part of the resin and not not all of it. Whereas the distribution cone all of the resin is covered.

With out it you then end up throwing away resin that probably has not been used because your flow of water is only covering say around 50% of your resin beads.

Back