Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Grrrrr

WCF

Help Support WCF:

10363695_1524782667783728_7920527289307114892_n.jpg
my morning richawall when its froze:D

I use hot all year round as cleans much better than cold
Smurf what heater do you use for heating the water ,I have one but have to double the flow rate to get it to kick in which means I will run out of water by lunchtime :-(

I'm still using an old ecotemp L5 that I had to repair recently due to frost damage but just ordered a different heater that is rated 8l not 6l. Someone mentioned on here that if the flow is a problem then you can put a inline Y on the hose with a tap to adjust the flow and run some of it back to the tank if you like rinsing with really low water flow. I have two tanks in my van so can carry 600 ltr of pure if I want so I prefer to have the controller set to a decent flow rate using fan jets as makes rinsing quicker to do.

Smurf what heater do you use for heating the water ,I have one but have to double the flow rate to get it to kick in which means I will run out of water by lunchtime :-(

which heater is that?and what flow settings do you have mate?
It's an old Japanese one ,it's says for use in gb, heat output 11.5 kW , output8.6 kestrel pressure 0.32-7bar

Do you what any of that means ;-)

Also I use the brodex system so the flow rate goes by numbers low being 1 and 9 being high , I usually clean at 3/4but I have to put it to 8/9 to get the heater to kick in ,which means I will empty my 500ltr tank in about 4/5 hrs (don't use a trigger or tap )

Cheers :)

I'm still using an old ecotemp L5 that I had to repair recently due to frost damage but just ordered a different heater that is rated 8l not 6l. Someone mentioned on here that if the flow is a problem then you can put a inline Y on the hose with a tap to adjust the flow and run some of it back to the tank if you like rinsing with really low water flow. I have two tanks in my van so can carry 600 ltr of pure if I want so I prefer to have the controller set to a decent flow rate using fan jets as makes rinsing quicker to do.
Smurf. I have a 500ltr tank but I use it all most days on my flow rate and would have to more than double it to get the heater to kick in :-(

You could rig up a simple bypass hose on the oulet of the water heater with a tap so the water you don't need goes back into the tank.

So I put the heater in the van last night, get in the van this morning clear windscreen, no frost, lovely. Get to the first job which happens to be a rather attractive blonde lady first time i've been there and turns out the hose running along the bottom of the van to the pump is frozen. Any ideas on this guys? i'm going to have to insulate that hose today. Glad I didn't accept the tea first thing would have been standing around looking like a right plonker.
Any window cleaner who accepts tea off of customers isnt working hard enough lol tea drinking is banned on my round, that can get done at lunch time

Good one aqua pure haha but one thing i do need is rufuelling, i wont compromise on that lol, but you sound my kind of guy

Cant argue with that guy lol, but never mix business with pleasure is my motto, i'm happy enough if i just know i can if i wanted to haha

first time it happened to me on friday, got to job ,no water, all hose pipes full of ice.

had backpack so that helped me out. keep in house.

got it all going with a hair dryer, now i cover main items with a sleeping bag tucked under items

i was dreading the pump may have gone , but all ok.

first time out on saturday without my bucket, or backpack just wfp all the way.

id do it all that way but only have a limited pure water supply. still doing it from kitchen with 300 ro. ro tube going out of window into 220 litre butt, then transfer to tank in van. usually takes around 8 hours, im going to add booster pump,

no access to set a tap up in rear garden, id have to go under floorboards to get one put in.

ill have to think of a way to make more pure which is economical as it is now as with using my 300 RO and 10 inch DI vessel

Latest Posts

Back