Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

GVS Panther

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've not used them but when I was looking the ali pole sections are shorter. So if you have a small van and want them to go widthways it might be worth checking measurements.
Generally ali heavier, more robust, but colder when in use as ali conducts heat away from your hands!
Carbon are lighter but a bit brittle (don't step on them), tapered ones can be difficult to disconnect unless kept clean and lubed up!

I've not used them but when I was looking the ali pole sections are shorter. So if you have a small van and want them to go widthways it might be worth checking measurements.
Generally ali heavier, more robust, but colder when in use as ali conducts heat away from your hands!
Carbon are lighter but a bit brittle (don't step on them), tapered ones can be difficult to disconnect unless kept clean and lubed up!
I keep hearing of the carbon poles splitting when they suck up something pretty solid? Any idea on weight difference per linea meter between the two??

I own a Panther and its well worth it. Brilliant design. Feels it could survive a nuclear explosion. 1700 watts is fine for domestic clearing. Its small size works to my advantage to when negotiating narrow paths and such like. I have the ali poles and they are supposed to be the lightest metal poles on the market. They are great in terms of durability. you don`t have to worry about damaging them but I would still say go for carbon if you can fit them in your van.

I own a Panther and its well worth it. Brilliant design. Feels it could survive a nuclear explosion. 1700 watts is fine for domestic clearing. Its small size works to my advantage to when negotiating narrow paths and such like. I have the ali poles and they are supposed to be the lightest metal poles on the market. They are great in terms of durability. you don`t have to worry about damaging them but I would still say go for carbon if you can fit them in your van.
How many poles did you opt for? Average house from FLV to gutter is between 5 - 6m, just thinking if the 20ft option would suffice.

How many poles did you opt for? Average house from FLV to gutter is between 5 - 6m, just thinking if the 20ft option would suffice.
Sort of depends on the houses you intend to be able to do. i.e I have a fair few Victorian houses and they are quite high with 9ft ceilings so probably 6m would have you close to the building/under the gutters when reaching. There also seem to be a fair few 'town' houses going up as new builds which in future will need gutters clearing and 20ft won't reach those. Think about reaching over conservatories or extensions.

It's always a balance between the extra cost vs extra jobs you could do. Then if you have an extra pole or 2 if one was damaged you might be ok to carry on while waiting for a new pole but if you only have 20ft that might be job over till new ones arrive?

I actually bought 36 foots worth. A bit over kill really as nearly impossble to lift the whole 36 foot pole upright unless you have a helper. I reckon you should go for 30 foot minimum.

I actually bought 36 foots worth. A bit over kill really as nearly impossble to lift the whole 36 foot pole upright unless you have a helper. I reckon you should go for 30 foot minimum.
I mean I did a gutter clear recently on a large victorian house with two dormers on one side with the gutters on top of the dormers. so effectively just over 3 storeys and the poles and vac handled it fine but any higher and it might have felt a bit unwieldy.

Back