Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

GVS Panther question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on whether the panther is a half decent gutter vac? I’m looking at purchasing the alloy pole version, I’m particularly interested in what people’s thoughts are on the alloy poles as I’ve only ever used push fit carbon and I’ve had issues with those cracking.

Fully understand a twin or triple motor vac would be superior but I’m not willing to sink £1500 into this area of my business at the moment. Any help much appreciated!

Last edited:
I have only recently bought the Panther and have never had another vac to compare it to. It has managed to accomplish all the jobs I have had so far, bar 1, that was a blocked swan neck and I don't do ladders! I do use an action camera and my phone so I can see what I'm doing as I don't feel I have the experience to feel if they are empty plus I have video proof that I have done the work. I did have problems with masses of mortar in the gutters from a dodgy roofer who dumped all the old ridge mortar in the gutters when he redid the ridge tiles! The bits where too big to go down the nozzle so I had to 'grab' each piece then move away from gutter and drop the bit. That was my fault for underestimating how easy the job would be.
I bought the ali poles as they are only 4ft long so fit in my Partner van width ways, the carbon ones are 5ft so would have to go lengthways which isn't great for me.
The ali poles do get cold when in use and you do need to suck a bucket of water through every now and again to clean them during a job.
A multi motor vac would probably do some jobs quicker but they are quite bag and I don't have the space in my van for one.

When I was looking for a small vac the GVS Panther was the only one that didn't have some big restriction where the hose joined the vac. I am pleased with it bar 1 issue, the wet filter (blue) is a very tight fit and so easy to put your thumb through it - get a spare and take your time fitting it.

I have only recently bought the Panther and have never had another vac to compare it to. It has managed to accomplish all the jobs I have had so far, bar 1, that was a blocked swan neck and I don't do ladders! I do use an action camera and my phone so I can see what I'm doing as I don't feel I have the experience to feel if they are empty plus I have video proof that I have done the work. I did have problems with masses of mortar in the gutters from a dodgy roofer who dumped all the old ridge mortar in the gutters when he redid the ridge tiles! The bits where too big to go down the nozzle so I had to 'grab' each piece then move away from gutter and drop the bit. That was my fault for underestimating how easy the job would be.
I bought the ali poles as they are only 4ft long so fit in my Partner van width ways, the carbon ones are 5ft so would have to go lengthways which isn't great for me.
The ali poles do get cold when in use and you do need to suck a bucket of water through every now and again to clean them during a job.
A multi motor vac would probably do some jobs quicker but they are quite bag and I don't have the space in my van for one.

When I was looking for a small vac the GVS Panther was the only one that didn't have some big restriction where the hose joined the vac. I am pleased with it bar 1 issue, the wet filter (blue) is a very tight fit and so easy to put your thumb through it - get a spare and take your time fitting it.
I had which vac to get dimema last week. I ended up opting for the predator with carbon poles. The carbon poles get cold also.

I'm on 9 gutter cleans now and I'm getting to a point I'm confident without the camera. I've taken the camera of the vac poles and put it onto a gardiner pole I have. I've found myself leaving it set up doing the stetches of gutter then flying over them with the camera each and everytime has been fine then move on to next section checking as i go.

I've a few weeks in now and I'm happy with my purchase the company are good at customer service. My only complaint is all the stickers are starting to peel off which a bit of glue sorts.

Thanks for the detailed response mate. Yeah I’ve got a berlingo at the moment and I did struggle to get the carbon poles in the back so hopefully these will be easier.

Latest Posts

Back