Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Miserable husbands

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Adams0211

I've been noticing this a lot lately. 90% of the customers I come face to face with are female. There's always the odd moody cow but most of them are as good as gold. The odd time a husband is at home they're usually a right miserable git.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm guessing they feel threatened when the young, fit, good looking, ginger-bearded window cleaner turns up /emoticons/wink.png.

Any thoughts?

IMO it's usually the ladies who like the nice clean windows and are willing to pay out for it. The blokes aren't usually that bothered. I very often get the same as you ...

anything at mus (WHAT HE MEANT WAS 'MY') house gets done by me lol id feel bad if i had to get someone in to do someone (WHAT HE MEANT WAS SOMETHING) i cud (WHAT HE MEANT WAS COULD) do

YEAH, PUNCTUATION WAS SHOCKING TOO.

:eek: Perhaps they don't teach English in Irish schools ?:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe my beard isn't quite ginger enough, or I'm over-doing the manscara but I find guys are more likely to tip me and less likely to try and negotiate down the price...although they often have to get permission when canvassing...

I've got one customer the wife is lovely and normally the one in and always offers a drink, last time I did it the husband was in and when I went for payment he said " you want to watch it the bloke that does that house only charges a tenner"

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

This is so true, whenever you knock the door to clean windows and husband answers they always look at you like your about to rape their wife.

I cant stand miserable custies in general, there usually first on my list to go, theres nothing worse than cleaning windows and feel like your not welcome, you know that feeling where they make you feel like they dont really want you anymore but they dont want to tell you so theyre just miserable *****, or maybe theyre just miserable *****.

when you have a twxt customer

great pulling that red card out of the top pocket

why ,why why do they always forget that we are doing them the massive favour

we clean there windows, play with the dog entertain there spoilt brats, drink there tea,eat there biscuits

what else do they want

when you have a twxt customer

great pulling that red card out of the top pocket

why ,why why do they always forget that we are doing them the massive favour

we clean there windows, play with the dog entertain there spoilt brats, drink there tea,eat there biscuits

what else do they want

I always get the husbands keeping an eye on me chatting to their wives. I think people should be judged on personality, its not my thought I'm a serious bit of eye candy

ive noticed this, recently had a women be happy to pay £20 for a house clean but her husband was like £20 for my house thats a rip off, i thought you would not say that to your garage fixing your car. but i always build up respect and loyalty with customers

I've had another one today. Had a text from woman yesterday asking if I'd have time to clean her conny roof today when I go round to clean her windows and conny as I do every month.

I told her I'd take a look and give her a price today and get it done there and then if she was happy with the price.

Got there and she was out. Saw the miserable git husband and quoted him £80 for the roof. He told me not to bother and he'd do it himself.

I guarantee I'll get another message from her next month asking me to do it.

£80 quid for a roof is a bit steep though @Adams0211 how big was the roof?

Only Joking mate, fair play if thats your price you are doing well, i usually charge about £30 - 40 for an average one and can do them in half an hour usually

£80 quid for a roof is a bit steep though @Adams0211 how big was the roof?
Only Joking mate, fair play if thats your price you are doing well, i usually charge about £30 - 40 for an average one and can do them in half an hour usually
To be fair, it wasn't massive but it was filthy. I'd have had to have gone into next doors garden to reach one side and they had no outside tap so that bumps the price up too. I could have done it for less but I felt £80 was what it was worth to me and would have begrudged doing it for any less.

Like you say most custys are female, simple as. You never do cleans for single men - EVER. Thats because men cant be arsed with cleaning windows.

I get on alright with husbands becasue I talk to them too whenever I see them. I've never gotten any anamosity and Im one hell of a good looking fella /emoticons/wink.png

To be fair, it wasn't massive but it was filthy. I'd have had to have gone into next doors garden to reach one side and they had no outside tap so that bumps the price up too. I could have done it for less but I felt £80 was what it was worth to me and would have begrudged doing it for any less.
You have been looking at what i charge then mate:rofl:

Round here people will pay it

That fascia clean i did the other day in blackdown close..polycarb lean to 4 panels plus fascias £94 (don't ask why the odd number..all to do with me charging him per panel)

If they will pay it charge it

Like you say most custys are female, simple as. You never do cleans for single men - EVER. Thats because men cant be arsed with cleaning windows.
I get on alright with husbands becasue I talk to them too whenever I see them. I've never gotten any anamosity and Im one hell of a good looking fella /emoticons/wink.png
I have 2 single guys who's windows i do

Both coppers for the met who live here and commute and 1 recommended by the other

But yes it is rare

Latest Posts

Back