Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hardly any water coming out of the tank to pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'm having to just feed my hose through the fill hole on top to get any water can't see any other way I've tried most of the suggestions

I'm having to just feed my hose through the fill hole on top to get any water can't see any other way I've tried most of the suggestions
I assume that you have actually had water out of the tank through the bottom screwed hole? i.e. is it a brand new tank and they forgot to cut the hole out?

Sorry if this sounds harsh but it's simple. It's a tank with a hole in it. If water isn't coming out then the outlet is blocked. Use a process of elimination to work out what is causing the blockage.
If you open the tap can you poke a slim (2mm) piece of wire (Coat hanger, screwdriver, skewer etc) through the tap fitting. Are you able to push it in by more than 150mm? If not then the tap fitting is the obstruction. Remove it and go to toolstation/screwfix or a plumbers merchant and ask for a quality replacement.
If you can poke something in by 150mm then look inside the tank and see if you can see the object you poked in. If not then something is covering the outlet.

It's really not rocket science. Take a step back, grab a cup of tea/coffee and slowly investigate, I'm sure you can sort it.

I assume that you have actually had water out of the tank through the bottom screwed hole? i.e. is it a brand new tank and they forgot to cut the hole out?

Sorry if this sounds harsh but it's simple. It's a tank with a hole in it. If water isn't coming out then the outlet is blocked. Use a process of elimination to work out what is causing the blockage.
If you open the tap can you poke a slim (2mm) piece of wire (Coat hanger, screwdriver, skewer etc) through the tap fitting. Are you able to push it in by more than 150mm? If not then the tap fitting is the obstruction. Remove it and go to toolstation/screwfix or a plumbers merchant and ask for a quality replacement.
If you can poke something in by 150mm then look inside the tank and see if you can see the object you poked in. If not then something is covering the outlet.

It's really not rocket science. Take a step back, grab a cup of tea/coffee and slowly investigate, I'm sure you can sort it.
I stuck a screwdriver through the hole and still nothing

I stuck a screwdriver through the hole and still nothing
So could you see it when looking in the tank?
Has the outlet ever worked?
Worst case try and empty the tank over the weekend and take the fitting out and then see if there is actually a hole through to the inside of the tank.

No Pics yet

Latest Posts

Back