Have I found the right solution for first wfp system

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by azzy, Feb 28, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. azzy

azzy Guest

Bearing in mind upstairs only - say 20 ish 3 bed semi a day with 3 or 4 spare filled 25lt barrels in car does this look ok?

So this is the back pack http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/backpacks/wcw-backpack-v3-flow-control.html

Goes onto trolley truck thing which I havent found yet but believe to be around 20 quid.

Using a Gardiners CLX 22 pole and brush (unsure of best brush)

Works out 300 ish (better than all these trolley systems at 800 me thinks)[hr]
    and my ppm frm tap is readin 34 so its ri only which is super duper
    [hr]
    Does this seem decent enuf??

Advertisement
  2. chip

chip Guru

looks a winner to me. my only issue with using backpacks is having to refill them at work as opposed to swapping a drum over but is probably less hassle than i imagine!
    i would suggest the 27 ft clx, don't have one yet, but have a different 21fter and it does reach 95% of my work, but a clx27 would i think do the lot, and on some i am stretching, for the 5% i have to drag the 30ft alloy out. brushes take your pick gardiners and techbruk are highly recommended by the masses.

3. azzy

azzy Guest

yes chip i get ya - dnt mind refilling.... I imagine it wud take as much time as it wud for me to take ladders of the car and put them up to one window :)

But glad it looks a winner - cheapest way so far - do u recommend any particular type of brush chum?

Thanking you

4. mark m

mark m Hero

If you are going to do tops only it is a cheap way to start i would not want to do it all day your back will be killing you . I use extreme bushes on all my poles very light clean great

5. azzy

azzy Guest

Il be using it with a trolley truck thing mark :)

6. mark m

mark m Hero

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WINDOW-CLEANING-TROLLY-/300671652262?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item46016d51a6

Dont know were you live but this could be a cheap staRT

7. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Do it dude! U won't regret it. It's a really cheap way into WFP.

The type of trolley I have is like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Folding-Lightweight-Truck-Trolley-Barrow/dp/B000NTZ2TM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1330462180&sr=8-5

But mine is from cost co & is very strong steel, yet very light. It's much better than these ones look and was only 20quid. Looks pretty much the same tho.

As for brush, I use the gardiner medium dual trim- I love it! Am going to get the same but in the sill brush version next.[hr]
    Takes me 30 secs to fill backpack. You'll get so quick at it you'll really speed up over time. And if u ever end up with a van system, the backpack will always come in useful, never wasted money.

8. azzy

azzy Guest

Mate ur ace!! I live in near belfast, northern ireland so no gud but thanks a mill for lookin ;)

9. chip

chip Guru

i have the medium dual trim sill brush, the white one, i think it's good butmost think the soft version, the black one is better, so will probably try that next, either way, bonkersly light!

10. azzy

azzy Guest

Windy man - I have man love for you hahahaha....

Im copying you - going for the trolley u have - gardiners pole and back pack - Thanks for all ur help

:)

Advertisement