Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cyprus

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cyprus2023

Hi guys, new to this forum. I live in Cyprus and have noticed a big gap in the market for window cleaners. I am looking at setting something up here, but firstly would like to ask if there would be reason for the lack of window cleaning services out here. Do you think there is not much demand for the service here? We would be looking at pure water system. Any tips or advice for starting up out here.

I'd have thought the amount of dust in a dry environment might be a reason.

Someone I went to school lives in America his Dad was telling me due to the dust they just don't bother and his son gets his windows cleaned once a year.

Best advice is ask the locals why they don't get their windows cleaned

First off ask friends and neighbours then google window cleaner near me (in local language) and see what results you get. No idea why but UK seems one of the few countries that has their windows regularly cleaned. Maybe Cyprus is similar? You could try canvassing the local area, sort of market research type of thing - is that OK in Cyprus to just knock on doors and ask questions? You definitely need to do your market research to see if a market actually exists.

As for starting up - use the search box and read the forum - all the info you need is here.

Let us know how you get on.

Many years ago there was a windie from Cyprus on the other forum doing commercial cleans wfp. He posted a couple of times and then disappeared.

One of the issues he had was heat. He had to spend a lot of time spraying the windows first to cool them down before cleaning them. If he didn't then the water evaporated before it 'flushed' the dirt away.

Lots of newer residential properties have first floor balconies with glass balustrades around them. That makes for difficult cleaning. Older properties have 'sunken'/internal balconies protected by balustrades of steel railings. Parking in some of the older side streets look rather non-existent.

When we visited the island many years ago, houses had large water storage tanks on the roof. Back then, they only received water every few days. I don't know if it's changed or not.

I was in Ayia Napa last September. I saw a windie working on a downstairs flat. The one thing I noticed instantly was how awkward it would be to access the windows out there.
Lots of flats seem to be in busy roads above shops. Loads of shutters over windows, and loads of flats set back from the roads with no access to vehicles ?

Hi guys, new to this forum. I live in Cyprus and have noticed a big gap in the market for window cleaners. I am looking at setting something up here, but firstly would like to ask if there would be reason for the lack of window cleaning services out here. Do you think there is not much demand for the service here? We would be looking at pure water system. Any tips or advice for starting up out here.
My brother is in Cyprus and they are desperate to conserve water. Might be a problem using Pure system

Cant imagine it being much fun. I wouldnt want to clean in the heat all day. Weather is generally miserable in the uk but at least for the most part that means comfortable working conditions.

When I lived in OZ I started work at 5.30am. Never saw one window cleaner working on houses, saw a lot working on sky scrapers abseiling. But back in those days I wasn't working in this game.

I lived in Perth Western Australia Spruce, think Hermon is Sydney or maybe Melbourne so sadly no....
He's in the Bathurst area, NSW. He cleans, or used to clean, Ryan's Bakery and Coffee lounge in Blayney. I made up a story a number of years ago that the wife and I had left friends in Manly and stopped off in Bayney for a cup of coffee before heading up to Bathurst. This old bloke rocked up and started to clean the windows. He then came in to get his money. The owner asked if he was finished cleaning the windows; he replied: "that's about it".

I leaned over to the wife and told her that I knew that old bloke. She said, not to be daft. So I missed my opportunity to learn trad window cleaning from the master.:ROFLMAO:

I also asked why everyone reversed into their parking on the High Street. I can't remember the answer.

Latest Posts

Back