Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Having a chat with custys

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just did a one off gutter vacuum, plastics and window clean. Job took just over three hours. It was one of the crazy hot days week before last and the old lady invited me in to sit down and made me a cold drink. She then tells me how she's selling up and moving to Salisbury to live near her son that's a vicar and all about her other son that's also a vicar in Scotland and how her daughter that's currently local can't look after her as she's got issues. She tells me all about the problems of downsizing, the difficulty she has getting rid of stuff because she's feels she's a bit of a hoarder. All the time she's waffling on she's taking an eternity to write out my cheque. She did say I was too cheap and put an extra £20 on. By the time I left she'd kept me there over 30 minutes.

I find it difficult to get myself out of these situations and there's definitely a few oldies that target me, probably because of my appearance and friendly nature. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did a one off gutter vacuum, plastics and window clean. Job took just over three hours. It was one of the crazy hot days week before last and the old lady invited me in to sit down and made me a cold drink. She then tells me how she's selling up and moving to Salisbury to live near her son that's a vicar and all about her other son that's also a vicar in Scotland and how her daughter that's currently local can't look after her as she's got issues. She tells me all about the problems of downsizing, the difficulty she has getting rid of stuff because she's feels she's a bit of a hoarder. All the time she's waffling on she's taking an eternity to write out my cheque. She did say I was too cheap and put an extra £20 on. By the time I left she'd kept me there over 30 minutes.

I find it difficult to get myself out of these situations and there's definitely a few oldies that target me, probably because of my appearance and friendly nature. 
Aye, you need to set your alarm on your phone so you can get away or get someone to phone you. ?

Dont go in the house is the answer,have a drink on their doorstep.....I will not go in a customers house these days.....5-10 mins chat is plenty then off to my next job 

I do not spend time chatting to customers.

It's a good morning/afternoon nice to see you ect ...and get on with the work. 

I even have on occasions cleaned windows for friends, I still don't stop to chat, I get on with it..which surprised some..

At the end of the day, you are paying me to clean your windows. I'm not interested in anything else other than getting the job done, being paid, and going to my next job. If you want a social visit, arrange one with me directly when I'm not working. 

??

Back