Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Heating in van in winter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What oil filled radiator do u use in winter chaps do u use gray insulation covers for ur hose pipes to ur tank and stuff what size radiator do you use and what kilo watts 
When I got my van I insulated it and ply lined it. Fitted a roof vent for circulation and protect my pump and cover everything with an old duvet at night 

Insulating is good even if just a simple over winter measure I attach some of that foil bubble wrap to the roof as an issue you will have is moisture on the van roof this can be overcome by doing the above, I ain't insulated anything else as no need to with an oil filled rad in the back of the van I place mine near the pump and hose reel on a low setting and the back of the van is nice and warm in the morning.

Insulating is good even if just a simple over winter measure I attach some of that foil bubble wrap to the roof as an issue you will have is moisture on the van roof this can be overcome by doing the above, I ain't insulated anything else as no need to with an oil filled rad in the back of the van I place mine near the pump and hose reel on a low setting and the back of the van is nice and warm in the morning.
Thanks iron I just want to make sure nothing happens in the morning when I’m about to go out with van and system costing £10k want to look after everything business going okay got nearly 30 customers in 1 month that’s in between working 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts to ?

Thanks iron I just want to make sure nothing happens in the morning when I’m about to go out with van and system costing £10k want to look after everything business going okay got nearly 30 customers in 1 month that’s in between working 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts to ?
No worries, as my wife always says "Be prepared or prepare to fail" 30 custys is good going hopefully things will keep on snow balling for you 

Back