Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Heavy Duty Hose Guide

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have, sort of. Using stainless steel 15mm pipe, 6202rs bearings and 35mm Talon pipe brackets. I've built one as a proof of concept but I've realized that despite it running very freely, hose doesn't like to bend that sharply and a 15mm diameter roller isn't big enough.

Also the bearings have a 15mm id so in theory the 15mm pipe should fit perfectly but in practice it's a massive pain to get the pipe into the bearings without a hydraulic press.

View attachment 17439

One good thing though, is that the talon clips are interlocking so you can make a double roller ?

View attachment 17440

Dear me thats a bit heavy duty for 6mm internal diameter hose ????

The other option on there table is this....

https://www.grippatank.co.uk/grippahose-double-backed-right-angled-roller-guide

Just mount it upside down in the van instead of underneath the van and it would do the same job as the HD rollers I reckon 

Thats what I have on my vans 

£30 cheaper than the HD ones from WCW too. Not in the greatest of moods with them after the wonky hose reel either!

The Grippatank ones are the same rollers just mounted differently. Ime interested to hear what happens about your reel Ime still undecided what to get but from what I have been hearing on hear lately about water works Ime leaning towards pure freedom , pity as I like the narrow design of it  

What have you been hearing about water works exactly? 
  All the reports about problems with there reels leaky banjo fitments , electrical problems through poor wiring in the junction boxes , and now the sides rubbing on something and causing issues . I dont have the time to be dealing with issues I want a reel that will work first time every time and work without problems for year s , like the ones I have now but electric .  

What have you been hearing about water works exactly? 
I've seen people saying about them not answering the phone and or emails.

The Grippatank ones are the same rollers just mounted differently. Ime interested to hear what happens about your reel Ime still undecided what to get but from what I have been hearing on hear lately about water works Ime leaning towards pure freedom , pity as I like the narrow design of it  
They will send a working replacement. While it was 10% off it will be worth the money, especially when you rack up the price difference over multiple vans. The trick is to buy it on a credit card, should anything go wrong you have the legal backing of your credit card company!

All the reports about problems with there reels leaky banjo fitments , electrical problems through poor wiring in the junction boxes , and now the sides rubbing on something and causing issues . I dont have the time to be dealing with issues I want a reel that will work first time every time and work without problems for year s , like the ones I have now but electric .  

I don’t think you’d go far wrong with a pure freedom reel tbh. We run 8 reels that are from Waterworks and only had one issue but they’ve stood up to the test of time tbh. 

I don’t think you’d go far wrong with a pure freedom reel tbh. We run 8 reels that are from Waterworks and only had one issue but they’ve stood up to the test of time tbh. 

Ok thanks that’s good to hear , Ime undecided what to get I need a total of 6 reels and was planning to buy a couple of something to try and see how we get on with it but some reels are almost 1k a go and I don’t want to make a very expensive mistake I like the look of the waterworks but as I say there has been a lot of issues reported lately about them , pure Freedom looks an ugly and hugely overly engineered piece of kit , I was hoping for something a bit smaller like the waterworks one . 

I have two waterwork reels, one for over 3 years no probs what so ever with them ?

Just an update, after looking at the picture he said they would send a replacement and went away to discuss with the warehouse. Came back an hour later, replacement will be here Thursday. I explained that I can only send back the reel and junction box, everything after the box (Wiring and a fuse) has been fully installed, they said not a problem.

Has anyone got https://www.grippatank.co.uk/grippahose-double-backed-right-angled-roller-guide the reason I ask is Grippa haven't got back to me as I need to know the the length of roller from left to right, but more so the size of the bracket for fixing to the van floor, the ones I have are about knackered and PF fitted a plate to the bottom of the van for attaching rollers but also have a limited area just behind the bumper underneath the van. 

Has anyone got https://www.grippatank.co.uk/grippahose-double-backed-right-angled-roller-guide the reason I ask is Grippa haven't got back to me as I need to know the the length of roller from left to right, but more so the size of the bracket for fixing to the van floor, the ones I have are about knackered and PF fitted a plate to the bottom of the van for attaching rollers but also have a limited area just behind the bumper underneath the van. 
I’ve got some of these brackets and rollers in my spares box. I know where they are so I’ll dig em out. 

I have got them on my van what exact measurements do you need ?? 

@Damo & @Pjj thank you, the measurements I need please the is total length or width, so from left to right, as i can only fit some a 170mm but if can also provide the overall measurements and the location of the holes for the bolts that would be great, below is my current set up underneath my van, the space the angle iron is fitted is 170mm so I am thinking if the bracket is angled/tapered then I could fit the rollers in at a squeeze as below the angle iron as there is quite a bit of space as it's set back from the bumper. I might have to crawl under the van again and measure the area below the angle iron 

20191001_162310.jpg

20191001_162320.jpg

Smart set up, but I work from the back of my van and prefer to always have the doors locked. 

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
@Damo & @Pjj thank you, the measurements I need please the is total length or width, so from left to right, as i can only fit some a 170mm but if can also provide the overall measurements and the location of the holes for the bolts that would be great, below is my current set up underneath my van, the space the angle iron is fitted is 170mm so I am thinking if the bracket is angled/tapered then I could fit the rollers in at a squeeze as below the angle iron as there is quite a bit of space as it's set back from the bumper. I might have to crawl under the van again and measure the area below the angle iron 

View attachment 17864

View attachment 17865

Smart set up, but I work from the back of my van and prefer to always have the doors locked. 

I cannot get a photo of mine but its 140 mm wide so you should be fine anything else just ask 

I cannot get a photo of mine but its 140 mm wide so you should be fine anything else just ask 
Thank you kindly, Sir, they just look bigger than they are, so I wasn't sure and always best to ask before parting with any money, hopefully with a bit of luck I may be able to bolt it straight onto the angle iron without the need for new holes 

Thank you kindly, Sir, they just look bigger than they are, so I wasn't sure and always best to ask before parting with any money, hopefully with a bit of luck I may be able to bolt it straight onto the angle iron without the need for new holes 

I cannot get a picture under my van but what you have is similar in desighn to the grippatank roller system but it has two sets of rollers back to back , I had those blue things with the plastic roller they were knackered in less than six months , the roller system from Grippatank is now 5 years old and works really well . I have just ordered two electric reels from pure freedom so will be fitting them and playing about with the under floor rollers on mine in the next week or so ???

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot get a picture under my van but what you have is similar in desighn to the grippatank roller system but it has two sets of rollers back to back , I had those blue things with the plastic roller they were knackered in less than six months , the roller system from Grippatank is now 5 years old and works really well . I have just ordered two electric reels from pure freedom so will be fitting them and playing about with the under floor rollers on mine in the next week or so ???
Mine have lasted 6 months to a point, as of now they do work but two of the plastic rollers are damaged, I had thought about the stainless steel ones Gardiners sell for through the floor and getting a frame fabricated, I am going to check both options and make sure Grippa have them in stock 

Back