Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Heavy rain

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Depends what time it is really, if its like 1pm and its not forecast to stop for an hour i`ll just go home, if its likely to blow over in 10 mins i`ll wait it out or just go do a job where theres no one in. I did this the other day it was stop start, rather than stop at a heavy shower i just went to a job that i thought would be out or wouldnt mind. Theres some jobs i wouldnt attempt in heavy rain and some i reckon dont care so i kind of duck and dive a bit. But then about half one it really lashed it down and was forecast to be on all afternoon so i gave in and went home.

I actually dont mind working in the rain, in fact i quite like it, I seem to clean quicker and would take rain all day long than 25+ degree heat. Its just the customers i worry about i have had the odd complaint over the years which makes me cringe a bit when pulling up to someones house when its tipping it down. But then again 9 times out of 10 no ones says anything so a lot of the worry is in my head.

I don't work in the rain.

Many years ago I did a first clean. I had hardly started when the heavens opened. I didn't have a water proof jacket with me. I finished that house and I was drenched.
Lady paid me and I got back into my Suzuki Carry van and drove home. My wet clothes on the vans seats soaked them. It took about a week to dry them out. If it was winter it would have taken me weeks to dry those seats out.
I swore then I would never get into that position again.
I went back to the house the next day and checked the windows. Perfect.

I've only been in the van with wet clothes once since then. I put lots of towels down on the seat and didn't use the back rest of the seat. The towels were wet but the seat was dry.

You need some decent seat covers spruce.

Being wet from rain doesnt bother me at all, when its light rain in the summer i often will just get wet in my T shirt it beats boiling in the bag in a rain coat. In the summer you are either going to wet from rain or sweat so it doesnt really matter.

You need some decent seat covers spruce.

Being wet from rain doesnt bother me at all, when its light rain in the summer i often will just get wet in my T shirt it beats boiling in the bag in a rain coat. In the summer you are either going to wet from rain or sweat so it doesnt really matter.
When it rains I deliberately take jumpers etc off so just in a tshirt
I find it dries so much quicker once in the van with the blower on
Happy in T-shirt and shorts in the rain

Back