Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello and is work still out there

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It's been absolutely freezing today and yet I was sat in my lovely warm office dreaming of being out in the cold which either means I'm mad or it's what I really want. 
Working outside far surpassed any desk or store job I've had during my working years.

Much of the enjoyment is also due do setting my own hours, not having to go outside, remove ice from the car and drive in a hurry to meet at a certain hour.

Just sitting inside watching the storm (like we had here yesterday) doing some paperwork and not stressing about work that has to be done is also a nice perk.

I reckon there is loads of work out there. There are a lot of people who come and go, but for someone who is there year after year things just get better and better. I live in an area that is "saturated" with window cleaners, and was when I started 4 years ago. If the market is saturated, in my mind, that means there is a lot of work to be had. As mentioned above, weed out the messers, and in time you will have more work than you know what to do with. It then becomes an act of refining your rounds to make them quicker and  more profitable. I was in your position in that I started out part time and tied it in  with a part time job until it all took off. I had the luxury of working weekends at my old job and spending the week days canvassing and leafleting. Eventually then you can go full time. Good luck if you decide to go down the window cleaning route ?
Certainly helpful to have another income stream when starting...as it takes time to build up a round...but every customer you get means you have a payday from them every month(if you do a satisfactory job).

Morning everyone. Just saying a quick hello. My first post on here. 

Was looking at starting up around 8 years ago but a new job got me before I had chance. I'm now in a position to start up part time and build into a fill time business.

Just wondering if in all your expert opinions there has been a rise in the number of window cleaners generally. Is there still plenty of work to go around. Are things generally how they have always been or are things becoming over saturated. Is there still the bright future out there in domestic work that 8 or so years ago everyone said. What would your advice be. This would be my full time job for the next 20+ years. I'm in the north of England but advice from everyone is welcome.

Thanks guys. Look forward to your replies.
Welcome Zip.

I started last April part time in Rural Wales. I now have 60+ regular customers doing a mixture of trad and wfp and am happy where I am. 2 days per week and content at that. My personal experience is that it might take you a while to get to your current salary but you will be doing a lot less hours to achieve it. Lots of satisfaction running your own business also.

Good luck!

Back