Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello everyone. My name is Kevin and I look forward to many conversations with you Guys and Girls

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kevjos

Hi All, I’m looking forward to many conversations with you guys and girls in the near future.
I actually do not clean windows but started a part time jet washing business last year and it was fairly successful.
I was hoping to get some feedback regarding jet washing.
I bought a new machine which has been ok but I’m thinking about investing in another one. Any recommendations please?
Thanks

Kevin.

Welcome to the forum lots of useful information on hear any questions try using the search bar at the top as a lot of usual questions are asked many times . Ben at Rutland pumps is very good with pressure washers reasonable prices won’t try and sell you stuff you don’t need and offers a lot of advice . 21 lt4 machine with 250 bar should be able to tackle most jobs quick and efficiently .

Welcome to the forum lots of useful information on hear any questions try using the search bar at the top as a lot of usual questions are asked many times . Ben at Rutland pumps is very good with pressure washers reasonable prices won’t try and sell you stuff you don’t need and offers a lot of advice . 21 lt4 machine with 250 bar should be able to tackle most jobs quick and efficiently .
Thanks very much, I’ll give Ben a call.
pjj
Really appreciate your reply. Didn’t expect a response so soon. I’ve read some of the scenarios that people in my position have experienced. It’s clear to me that I’ve got so much to learn.
I’m pretty much a Mickey Mouse set up compared to what I’ve read. If I make a more serious financial commitment to getting the right equipment then it will clearly produce more impressive results and make the jobs physically easier.

We all have to start some ware just keep re investing in kit that’s what I did and that will improve your speed so make more money quicker I started with a little Honda 9 ltr per muinit wager took me all day to do a job that now could do in an hour ??? but it was a learning curve and I made money from it to buy better kit .

Thanks very much, I’ll give Ben a call.

pjj
Really appreciate your reply. Didn’t expect a response so soon. I’ve read some of the scenarios that people in my position have experienced. It’s clear to me that I’ve got so much to learn.
I’m pretty much a Mickey Mouse set up compared to what I’ve read. If I make a more serious financial commitment to getting the right equipment then it will clearly produce more impressive results and make the jobs physically easier.
Didn’t expect a response so soon!!!

It took him over a minute which is slow for him.
I assumed he was dead ?

We all have to start some ware just keep re investing in kit that’s what I did and that will improve your speed so make more money quicker I started with a little Honda 9 ltr per muinit wager took me all day to do a job that now could do in an hour ??? but it was a learning curve and I made money from it to buy better kit .
Thanks again Pjj. I went in to a dealer today by chance, close to where I am working. He advised going 13hp 15 litres a minute. ( Honda engine ) he said that with 21 litres per minute you can do serious damage if not experienced?
I’m worried that I wouldn’t have enough power for the really stubborn block paving?

Thanks again Pjj. I went in to a dealer today by chance, close to where I am working. He advised going 13hp 15 litres a minute. ( Honda engine ) he said that with 21 litres per minute you can do serious damage if not experienced?
I’m worried that I wouldn’t have enough power for the really stubborn block paving?
You won’t do any damage with the litres per muinit it’s pressure that will do the damage , but if you are careful on wood , Tarmac it will be fine start off on delicate surfaces will a low pressure or if using a lance have it further away from the surface , you will soon get the hang of it , you don’t have to use full power but if you have got it in reserve it’s always useful. Pressure isn’t always needed to remove dirt just depends what it is .

You won’t do any damage with the litres per muinit it’s pressure that will do the damage , but if you are careful on wood , Tarmac it will be fine start off on delicate surfaces will a low pressure or if using a lance have it further away from the surface , you will soon get the hang of it , you don’t have to use full power but if you have got it in reserve it’s always useful. Pressure isn’t always needed to remove dirt just depends what it is .
Think I’ll go with your advice, better to have the power in hand if needed. So my most frustrating jobs last year were block paving driveways. The real stubborn moss in the joints. I could get it out with my FSC, would this be because of my machine, I think it produces around 8.5 litres per minute?

Cheers Pjj

We have a 21 ltr 250 bar machine and one pass with the FSC removes all moss easily only time we need to go over it again or use a lance is for thick deep rooted plants and Evan that’s rare , but you have to be careful you don’t blow all the grout out , liken and black spot are the worst things to remove either hypo before or after cleaning to kill /help remove them

Attachments

• AB1C4339-2888-4BE6-B28B-B7CA4BB20CA4.jpeg
    AB1C4339-2888-4BE6-B28B-B7CA4BB20CA4.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 6EC6039A-9FE4-408B-8C33-F6B45860D74B.jpeg
    6EC6039A-9FE4-408B-8C33-F6B45860D74B.jpeg
    246.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 4692C83E-A5C5-4476-A03E-11C6D0C90F80.jpeg
    4692C83E-A5C5-4476-A03E-11C6D0C90F80.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 3
  • E47B4A0C-BB3F-46BA-8BCA-CBE74213CF18.jpeg
    E47B4A0C-BB3F-46BA-8BCA-CBE74213CF18.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 3E447C76-3EDF-4133-A091-8FEE77A979AF.jpeg
    3E447C76-3EDF-4133-A091-8FEE77A979AF.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 4
We have a 21 ltr 250 bar machine and one pass with the FSC removes all moss easily only time we need to go over it again or use a lance is for thick deep rooted plants and Evan that’s rare , but you have to be careful you don’t blow all the grout out , liken and black spot are the worst things to remove either hypo before or after cleaning to kill /help remove them
That’s good enough for me Pjj. I’ll start looking round for the best deals. Great photos mate.
Your answers and help have been priceless.
Have a great day.

That’s good enough for me Pjj. I’ll start looking round for the best deals. Great photos mate.
Your answers and help have been priceless.
Have a great day.
Morning Pjj
Just reading our conversation from yesterday, you mentioned trying to avoid blowing all of the grout out, do you mean the sand between the blocks or the grout between sandstone slabs?

Thanks mate

Morning Pjj
Just reading our conversation from yesterday, you mentioned trying to avoid blowing all of the grout out, do you mean the sand between the blocks or the grout between sandstone slabs?

Thanks mate
The cement between paving slabs , it’s very easy to damage it especially if it’s just been a sand and cement mix brushed in dry and then watered they always break up . Sand between block paving will also come out you cannot prevent that , but some customers will pay to have it re sanded as an extra some say they will do it themselves but never do . It’s also worth pointing out to customers that weeds will re grow in block paving etc and will need regular maintenance prevent this .

The cement between paving slabs , it’s very easy to damage it especially if it’s just been a sand and cement mix brushed in dry and then watered they always break up . Sand between block paving will also come out you cannot prevent that , but some customers will pay to have it re sanded as an extra some say they will do it themselves but never do . It’s also worth pointing out to customers that weeds will re grow in block paving etc and will need regular maintenance prevent this .
Understood mate. All of the driveways that I’ve done to date, I have re sanded.
Have a great weekend ?

Latest Posts

Back