Help me jimmyboots (or somebody else clever lol)... i've killed my homemade trolley :(

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Beccy, Sep 4, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Beccy

Beccy Active Member

So yesterday it had it's first proper days work and it was awesome :) This morning I put it on charge for a few hours and I've just switched on and nothing happened. It hadn't out yesterday.

Now i have a sneaky feeling my little boy may have switched it on last night the shed, so it may have been running all night and therefore battery drained, but surely a few hours charge this morning would have least given it enough juice start up?

What if I wired my charger socket and plug the wrong way round? There were no instructions so I did what I thought seemed logical.... could I have shorted the battery and killed it?

I don't know what to try other than charging it for longer and seeing what happens :/

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Blown fuse or loose connection would be a good place to start.

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

You did charge the battery red + and black - ? And place the red + on the terminal first?

4. Beccy

Beccy Active Member

It's charging through a socket rather than croc clips to each terminal as the battery is concealed in the waterproof box so it's a plug in and switch on job, not a connect one then the other job :)

Fuse is a good point.... in my panic I didn't think of that lol. If the fuse is gone, is that a pretty strong indicator that I've wired the charger wrong?

5. Beccy

Beccy Active Member

Fuse looks fine. I've checked all the connectors, taken then apart and back together again, all looks fine. Reading on the volt meter of the battery is 13.47 which is fine isn't it?

So why isn't it working :(

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You seem to have a fully charged battery so next step is to find out why no power is getting to the pump

7. Beccy

Beccy Active Member

I've tried a new fuse just in case but no difference. My toddler is helping and I'm going to throttle him soon lol so going to leave it now til he's in bed :)

There's a fuse on the pwm but that looks fine too, and I've bypassed the pwm and it still didn't work so I don't think that's causing the problem.

Running out of ideas :/

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

You have a controller? And is that lighting up when you turn it on?

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

As a test connect the battery directly to the pump. Then if the pump doesn't run you have a bigger problem

10. Beccy

Beccy Active Member

It doesn't have lights, it's just a wee dial thing that turns the motor up and down.

Advertisement