Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

help on Pricing jobs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

There is a cleaner whose has the little village of Charltons just outside Guisborough sewn up. There are 2 streets of street houses consisting of around 200 x 2 bed houses. He only does fronts of 1 upstairs window, a down stairs window and the front door. He does about 120 of them at £2 a clean. It takes him a couple of hours. The quality of the clean is very poor. Any complaints; find another cleaner.

No one is going to muscle in in his territory at the prices he charges.
The plus side to this is if you get one house in the row and do a good job you will more than likely get the lot ???.happy days 

how much would you charge for terraces thanks
As much as I thought I could get away with. Gotta be getting a good £30 to £35 per hour minimum down these expensive rent/housing areas. More preferably. Obviously in some areas its harder to get that much, I dunno, like in Grimsby or Hull perhaps. Many areas would get more per hour, like london and the home counties. Its like London weighting, where salaries are higher because the cost of housing is sky high. If your rent/mortgage is only £400/£500 a month you dont need to earn as much as someone whose rent/mortgage is £700/£900 a month. And our beer can be a rip off too, in the pubs anyway. Pre load now to save a few bucks. ?

We charge £10 per front for Victorian terraced houses and get everyone we quote got several rows of them I wish we had a lot more , nice little earner ??
Could charge more if get every quote? or not much competition down there?? Sounds good mate, do many ask about doing the backs?

Recommendation from existing customers is the biggest supply of new customers , website brings in a lot , and sighn written van , along with walk ups while people see you working are good , we don’t use facebook or any other social media , friends that do have said most are messers or want a cheap or one off clean . 

If just starting out I think the best way is to go knocking on doors introduce yourself and try and be friendly and offer the services that you want to sell , leave a buisness card , if in a semi rural location parish magazines are good or the local free papers , some shops still have buisness cards on there boards that people can take , once you get a few good customers they will recomend you to friends and family then work will take off very quickly , or it did for me when I started n never looked back , hope it works out for you .

Hi all I know this question has been asked a lot but I need some help to compare to my own pricing

So what would you charge for a 3 bed semi, a 4 bedroom detached. How much extra do you charge on a first clean.

I am just finding it really difficult to give a quote that is both fair to the customer and to me. I only do jobs that want the full service ie the glass,frames and doors.

What would you say is the average price for a maintenance clean across the uk. I know its hard to say because people could have extensions conservatives so there will be more windows. because i have some jobs that it is a front and a back no conservatory and getting about £15. if anyone could give me some tips or advice on how they price it will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
I feel your pain as this is the area I too struggle with as around here the pricing is so up and down because there's loads of bucket Bob's working for peanuts . I want to do a quality job at a good but fair price but competing against splash n dash merchants is hard. I always say to the customer you get what you pay for at the end of the day . I'm not doing bad so far though its building steadily you've just got to stick to your guns and forget the ones that want the bargain basement cleans.

Back