Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with a jet washing system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I always try to buy local if i can because if it goes wrong your paying postage or driving across the country to get it repaired. Jetmac are cheap but its sending it back to Ireland if it goes wrong or them guiding you if you can do it.

Plus whatever job your doing is gonna be put on hold a while if you dont have a back up.

My local industrial equipment shop does not detail any pressure washers but when i go there they have plenty in stock and a catalogue of stock they can order all Honda units. I pay a bit extra on price but I know if its goes down i will have it back on the job pretty fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate .
I bought it for around £1300
It’s takes the water from a refuse 120ltr bin that I carry with me when I do jet washing jobs .
Like yourself I wanted to add an extra string to my bow .
I was recommended Rutland pumps by someone on instagram .
You can get one for cheaper but you get what you pay for .

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Will a 120ltr bin hold enough water to do an average drive? I need to get a container to carry eater but unsure of what size

Will a 120ltr bin hold enough water to do an average drive? I need to get a container to carry eater but unsure of what size

It's the how longs a piece of string question haha If it's a small area maybe, but how small? What's an average size? Also what's the Liter per minute rating for you machine? Say 20L. Well you have 6 mins to complete the job before night night.

I believe most people use the bin as a buffer tank as most demostic taps won't supply a constant 20L or even close to that. We use a 1000L water bowser and a hydrant lisence to quickly pick up water. With the machine attached to the bowser it's a fully self contained unit ready to roll. Plus we sell ourselves as not running up a water bill or electric as the unit is diesel powered.

I use a 240l bin as the 120 couldn't keep up on bigger jobs. FSC seems to use more water than a turbo nozzle - not sure if that's my imagination though. Plus, I can store the FSC and hoses in the bin and wheel them in one go

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the how longs a piece of string question haha If it's a small area maybe, but how small? What's an average size? Also what's the Liter per minute rating for you machine? Say 20L. Well you have 6 mins to complete the job before night night.

I believe most people use the bin as a buffer tank as most demostic taps won't supply a constant 20L or even close to that. We use a 1000L water bowser and a hydrant lisence to quickly pick up water. With the machine attached to the bowser it's a fully self contained unit ready to roll. Plus we sell ourselves as not running up a water bill or electric as the unit is diesel powered.

Hi @Jordiebarrett how much is your hydrant license a year? Thx m

I have a 21Lpm machine and have set up a 240l water bin. I am now thinking I would be better with a 360l bin as the 240l would only give me 15mins before it runs out of water? Have my first big job a week tomorrow and it has 150 sq metres or more so I will see how it goes. I can add another 240l bin to the feeder bin and make a 480l combined bin. I seen a guy do this on youtube and it was fairly simple to do. Will report back after the 9th to let you know how I got on but I have ten jobs to do and I haven't even begun.

We have a 21 ltr machine and generaly find that a 240 ltr bin is ok but on occasions if water pressure is low you can run out , first thing we do when arriving at a job is put it on to fill while we set up everything else so by the time you start pressurewashing you have a full bin 

I'm the same as@pjj I use a 240ltr bin set it up as soon as you get on the job.
Ask customer to fill up the kettle!
Not to use the washing machine/ dishwasher as these can reduce the water flow.
Then crack on. I've never run out of water yet. Also running a 21ltr machine. [emoji16][emoji106]

Back