Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with george software if poss please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi,

The W usually indicates that you have added a further note to the Job.

For instance when entering a new Job & you have put in the additional notes box "clean front windows only" a W would flag up that there is an additional information note on the job. What the actual W stands for Im not sure. Maybe Worklist note or something like that.

Seye

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Seye, that's been bugging me for some time. I did have a look in the George help files but couldn't find any explanation there, how did you find out about that?

I noticed all the Jobs that had a W next them were all jobs I had added further information to.

Does it tell you anywhere how many jobs you have on your books? Buggered if I know and I ain't gonna sit squinting at the screen counting them :laugh:

Tuffers, if you print a finace report for a finacial month or for your usuall work cycle it will tell you how many jobs you have done over that period, you can view this on screen without having to print it off. Or you could select create a job and see what the next job no is and then just subract your number of cancelled or completed jobs from that and that will give you an idea of how many live jobs you have. Need anymore help just give me a SHOUT.

Tuffers, if you print a finace report for a finacial month or for your usuall work cycle it will tell you how many jobs you have done over that period, you can view this on screen without having to print it off. Or you could select create a job and see what the next job no is and then just subract your number of cancelled or completed jobs from that and that will give you an idea of how many live jobs you have. Need anymore help just give me a SHOUT.
Ta. None the wiser though /emoticons/biggrin.png

lol Main Menu, Reports, Finance report Choose from and to dates from your cycle period or monthly period select print and then select view on screen bingo it will tell you how much you have made in that period expensses and profit and also total job count

I want to back up my data in a non George format - does anyone know if it possible to "export" my jobs list to excel or word format for example.

I dont think so as it might compramise the software but I might be wrong, I just print off all worksheets and debt lists and reports for work and accounting purposses, why is it you need to do that when everything is contained in george? If you can give an idea of what its for may be there is another answer.

only really looking for a belt and braces back solution in the case of a black swan type of event happening to the vendors of George and suddenly the software stops working &/or they disappear altogether.

That's a good point, if you go on to George website you can email I think it is Paul is his name he is very helpful he could advise you.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Hi Kahoona,

ok so I have been looking at george and there is a way to merge and export jobs you will find this under main menu, system , merge/Export. I have not done this myself so you maybe best asking Paul what the best way to do this is.

Seye

Hi seye thanks mate I'm away this weekend but will check it out when I get back Monday and let you know how I get on.

Hi Seye,

The Merge/Export command, just using the default setting, does exactly what I was looking for. cheers :thumbsup:

Saved any hassle, I dare say that loop hole may be closed when writers of the software realise.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back