Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Having A Problem With Sash Windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Luffy

As the title says, i just can't clean them to the standard that i want. Does anyone have any tips for sash windows?

Yeah is a bit vague I suppose!

its spotting that i have a problem with. Currently I wash the tops, rinse and then do the same with the bottoms. Do you scrub the underneath of the top panel as I was speaking with another windy who said to leave that alone but it seems the dirty water could be coming from there?

Far more places to trap dirt thats my guess.

I usually do all the tops of the sash windows and rinse. Then use brush with no water to wipe the drips away, then clean the bottom windows.

Have you converted your round to WFP?

the best way with sash windows it not to go above the glass, especially on the lower opener. i get spotting on the lower part because the paint is usually in poor condition and the water gets between the paint and the glass pulling dirt down. also rinse with the brush on the glass along the top edge of the glass to prevent the water going places it shouldnt.

I do all the tops first then come back to the bottom. I'm using a brush now that fans out now and that seems to clean the corners better and not spot.

Far more places to trap dirt thats my guess.
I usually do all the tops of the sash windows and rinse. Then use brush with no water to wipe the drips away, then clean the bottom windows.

Have you converted your round to WFP?
I only started 6 months ago and only do WFP!

thanks for the tips, I start a doing a big hotel in March and all the windows are pretty much sash! :)

Back