Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing mega mansion

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Aec123

Hi I’m sort of new to window cleaning, I get the general pricing of standard houses etc but I’ve got a mega mansion which is more like a palace, about 70 sash windows let’s say modern only 7 year old house, I know it will be a rouge guide thanks in advance

Hi it depends on a lot of factors
Is it a 1 off clean or do they want a regular clean
Is it 2 floors or higher
Are some windows hard to get to
will you have to move the van
How dirty are the windows
What is your standard hourly rate divide the windows into normal houses to get a better idea.
What happened to the previous cleaner ? Finally it depends on what you are happy with any photos would be helpful

TBH I don't like big houses like that. I believe there is too much risk verses reward. The owner is rich and can be powerful when one makes a mistake and damages something. I price them very high and always don't get the job.

TBH I don't like big houses like that. I believe there is too much risk verses reward. The owner is rich and can be powerful when one makes a mistake and damages something. I price them very high and always don't get the job.
I hear you but there are many houses are like that around here and I’ve got to take them on, I’ve quoted £200 but think I should have gone £250, access is good windows not majorly dirty and I’m already in on the gutters so it’s an up sell

I do quite a few , never had a problem...

I would rather be on 1 job all day and get paid 1 lump sum than driving around to lots of small houses wasting fuel...then waiting for the money to come in dribs and drabs.

I do quite a few , never had a problem...

I would rather be on 1 job all day and get paid 1 lump sum than driving around to lots of small houses wasting fuel...then waiting for the money to come in dribs and drabs.
I'm the total opposite. I went to price a small castle and the owner was a big shot lawyer. We were discussing PW the Indian sandstone and sandstone balls on the butts of the small wall. I said if I PW those balls they may fall off. He quickly said if they do I will sue you. I priced the job for a grand a day and never got the job. I don't like working for lawyers because if you have ever defended a case against oneself then you will see what I mean when you get their bill.

I had a phone call off a very wealthy guy he said on the phone I’ve got one shot at the quote and that he had a big house and a small wallet, I thought he was an AH but went to Quote anyway for gutter cleaning, the house was enormous and when he came out I was waiting for the arrogance to come out but I couldn’t be further from the truth , the house was £30mill plus and he was one of the nicest customers ever and we all know when we have a new customer it’s always a forest gump moment , life is like a box of chocolates and all that. All I’m really interested in is my initial post

Do you think that would take you half a day? I was thinking roughly 4 hours wfp and not doing the higher window ie sky windows

Back