Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with new van setup please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@spruce this is citroens reply

The alternator fitted as standard by Citroen on this vehicle is the Valeo ISTT55 Reversable stop start unit as for smart regen braking unfortunately there is no information to support if it has this or not

Can you believe that Citroen don't know if the van has regenerative braking or not. Wow.

My gut feel is that it more than likely doesn't have regenerative braking. Different manufacturers have taken different routes to achieve the latest emission standards. The PSA diesel engine is considered to the the most superior available so it could be that they were able to meet the new standards with stop start and Adblue.  But stop start is a pain as well in it own right for our industry. I understand that it reduces polution which save lives, but when the engine is idling the leisure battery is still receiving a charge. When the engine stops there is no charge output from the alternator.

I know that on the Peugeot Tepee there is a provision to turn stop start off by the driver. I have never driven a car with stop start but I'm told that it can be really annoying when trying to parrallel park, hence the option.

My first response though was not to do anything until you have got your system sorted out. As a layman I would then buy one of the cheap voltmeters that plug into your cigarette lighter socket and monitor what the alternator does.

Something like this;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-24V-LED-Car-Cigarette-Socket-Voltmeter-Voltage-Battery-Tester-Detector/271523172364?epid=1988514636&hash=item3f380ad00c:g:b1QAAOSwoQ1TncVg

When no charge is being delivered to your battery, the battery's voltage should show between the mid to high 12v range (12.5 to 12.9v.) When the alternator starts charging the battery then that will increase to 13.9 - 14.5v. On a modern engine that might even be higher than 14.5v;  it may well be into the mid 15v. If it is then you need to see and determine a charging pattern. Does the charging rate increase when I decelerate down a long hill with my foot off the accelerator with the engine around 2000 rpm for example?

If you get a reading over 14.5v then you will need a battery to battery charger because your leisure battery won't tollerate high voltages such as those. A VSR (voltage sensing relay) or SCR isn't suitable for this van then.

I think you may have to go down the battery to battery charger route. Sterling do one which I see is being pushed on ebay for £180. Simplysplitcharge will also supply a cable kit as well for this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sterling-Power-12v-30amp-Battery-to-Battery-Charger-BB1230/252410937461?hash=item3ac4dd4075:g:iUoAAOSwyltZTR4-

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Say this to everyone unless you NEED the space put the biggest tank in you can gives you so many more options and less headache further down the line

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

If i buy the dispatch i aint got any dosh left for system upgrades so will need to refit my diy 350. 

If i go connect i could maybe get a 400 system to and better reel. 

Just concerned a connect wont be as good lugging itv arounfd and on motorway journeys

i have a 500l Xline tank 150 pound
0aa46bc01dc6619e63144c807a988ff5.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
was that direct from manufacturer or second hand?? I'm looking to upgrade might even and that seems a good option!

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back