Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

heres my diy wfp trolley system!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The relay takes the load off the pressure switch. The pressure switch eventually burns out and has to be replaced after continuous use so by putting a relay in between, the relay acts as the switch instead. Being more robust, it will last much longer.Ye the extra hose gives strength where it attaches to the couplings.

The stickers I make up myself. Go on the internet download images play around with them and print onto adhesive paper /emoticons/smile.png

I will put a pic of what ive put on the new Trolley when Photobucket comes back on, the site has gone down at the moment. :rolleyes:
Bit of necro of this post, but looking at making a trolley/pump box to use in the pick up or as a trolley, when you wire this up where are you putting the relay? and what are you using to switch it?

Just trying to work out how it switches without using the pumps cut off.

Cheers in advance @jimmyboots

Bit of necro of this post, but looking at making a trolley/pump box to use in the pick up or as a trolley, when you wire this up where are you putting the relay? and what are you using to switch it?
Just trying to work out how it switches without using the pumps cut off.

Cheers in advance @jimmyboots

This is how I wired the relay in. Someone last year said the relay might not be doing anything but it clicked every time so not 100% sure. not had a pressure switch burn out on me yet though. Also, the on/off switch is after the flow control because it was just a dial, no LEDS or anything.

If not putting a relay in I wired like this

The last Trolley I built, I put a Spring Flow control on so that protects the pressure switch and is more heavy duty

http://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/threads/diy-heavy-duty-trolley-step-by-step-van-mount-pics-part-1.15348/

well got my remote in the post today and fitted it and somehow i must have ordered the wrong one as this one only works for as long as i hold the button down lol, oh well fiver wasted, best get anouther ordered!
You could put a latching relay in?

Out of interest do you think this would be man enough to run a 100m hose reel for a van mount? I am toying with either having a van mount and trolley separate or having a box like this that does both.

Smurf uses a trolley as a van mount still as far as i know

With a decent enough pump no reason why not

Yeah think I am going to just knock up a basic pump box, what do you get extra with all these flow controllers and stuff? why not just use a pot that lowers/raises the voltage to control the pump?

Make a van mount with controller etc you are talking £200, make a pump box and its more like £50.

I guess it could save the pressure switch on the motor, but when the motor only costs a few quid what's the point?

Back