Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hey up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have also build a ladder stopper which I trialed last night and works a treat.It's basically a thick piece of timber which ive cut even notches out of front where stiles fit snugly.

Then I fitted 1 inch dowel to centre and I can slot weight plates on, feel much happier with this and 20kilo of weight on it.

I'll post up some pics when I get a chance.

cheers

ash
that sounds good. post up your foto of it.

this has reminded me of a safety idea iv seen -

a while ago i saw a ladder fitted with what i can only describe as a 1 piece Ankalad . i.e. a pole that was about 3/4 the length of the ladder, bolted on a hinge about 7 rungs up from the ground fitted on the outside of 1 stile. i bleve that once the ladder is in place on the wall, this pole which has a rubber stopper at the base of it, then swings down ,contacts the ground and forms a triangle of support . iv since seen at least a further 2 ladders fitted with such a device , on tradesmens cars such as security alarm installers . the pole is a blue colour about 2 inch diameter and seems to be a original ladder factory fitment

i also remember seeing on sale what was basically a sack of sand that you can place at the foot of your ladder . Altho a good way to stop ladder slip ,the trouble with that is you know you would never bother with it when you are tired and in a rush

Last edited:
Can't beat my ankalad

Don't take long to deploy either

Can't believe the jobs i used to do without one

Hi Ash. I'm new here too. I was tradding for 13 years but recently switched to wfp. Cheap bayersan backpack and 20ft pole for £190 got me started. Backpack has a good 5 speed controller which can be whacked up full to give thorough rinse. Essential when just starting out!! I got an RO system off gumtree for £40 and some Di resin off eBay for £25. Got a cheap 1000litre IBC tank in the garage which can be filled with pure water and then a Hozelock water butt pump from B&Q for £40 to transfer the water daily to your 25litre containers or as I now have a 250 litre baffled tank in van. Hope this helps!! Good luck!
hi calvin and welcome.

yes that is very helpful thanks for all other comments and welcomes also.

cheers windowsurfer.

Well everyone ive not got on here much with my 55hr a week day job and window cleaning at weekends im keeping busy:thumbsup:.

Its all good though and thanks to everyone for the advice especially boarcity on the ladder spikes I wouldn't be without them now!

Many thanks to you all.

cheers:cheers:

ash

Back