High ppm after new membranes

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by messsy, Jan 29, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. messsy

messsy Member

Hi all, got a little problem and hoping someone could give me some advice.

I have a 300gpd system (2x 150gpd membranes)

I've just replaced the pre filters, flushed and replaced the two membranes and flushed for an hour. My tds reading after membranes is 50ppm. My pressure is 55psi and with pump 65psi.

Before changing the filters my psi was 65psi without the pump. (This was on a single 100gpd membrane).

I'm hoping someone will know what to try to get these readings down

Thank you

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

try backflush it some more as probably still has production chem residule left in the membranes

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. messsy

messsy Member

Back flush don't I need to pump 000ppm into the 'clean' outlet of the membranes?

Thanks smurf

4. spruce

spruce Grand Master

No. Run as normal and just open the flush valve which will be on your waste line.

I would carefully open each membrane housing and check that you have fitted it correctly. We put a thin coating on silicone grease on the 2 o rings to make sure that slide into their housing without rolling. Also a slight coating on the rubber seal around the membrane at the top.

The other thing to check is that you have connected all the pipes up properly. Do you have a waste going to pure pipe etc in error? The waste and pure connectors can become confusing.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

no just turn the lever to the flush posistion on the ro unit until.
    So you know which way it turn the backflush lever on the ro look at the red hose/waste pipe and you will see it flow much fast when it's set to backflushing

6. messsy

messsy Member

It all setup properly with everything going to the right place but double checked all fittings etc. Just resat the membranes with Vaseline again and just running more water through the pre filters on their own just to rule out carbon getting to the membranes.

Will post up with my findings when I've flushed the membranes again and turned on production.

Thanks both :)

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

No probs...let us know how you get on:thumbsup:

8. messsy

messsy Member

Coming out at 32ppm. Not a good day today :(

I'm going to leave it on production for an hour see if it does come down anymore

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It should come down to about 2 if you leave it long enough.

Make sure you protect it from frost if it's switched of outside unprotected. Best bring it indoors to be on the safe side

10. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Take the pure outlet off each membrane housing and run the r/o for about 5 minutes. then collect a water sample from each individually and test the water purity. That will tell you if you have a problem with just one membrane.

Where did you get them from?

Advertisement