Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Highest td you can clean with?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Currently have one DI after the RO, but I am buying another one, a much larger one in a few weeks, this should hopefully polish off the last 009

I have one DI after the RO and get a reading of 003 from 330 tap water. Seems to do a perfect job. All customers happy.

I use mine upto ten,then you know you have to change the resin sharpish,it rises very quickly.then, what I do is fill all of my water butts up once it goes over ten and re run through the new resin in my di vessel.
700 once

I been washing away with 12ppm for ages and before that it was 15ppm. I need resin but dont wanna buy the stuff

Was told by Pure Freedom when I bought my system not to go above 003 so have always changed at 2/3 not had any complaints in 4 years so will stick with that

Currently have one DI after the RO, but I am buying another one, a much larger one in a few weeks, this should hopefully polish off the last 009

How are you getting on bud . Have you got it down to 000 ppm yet ???

How are you getting on bud . Have you got it down to 000 ppm yet ???
Its down to around 8 now, not managed to add a larger DI vessel yet, but I did a full day of cleans with it as high as 18 and the windows didn't spot at all.

Though I will add a larger DI vessel when I get round to it, but think I will probably have to add a pump at the same time.

What tds reading you can clean with is different for different parts of the country / world.

TDS only tells you the level of dissolved contaminants - not what they are. And since some contaminants cause spotting, whilst others don't, it varies.

The people who get spotting at a low TDS, probably have a larger percentage of calcium or magnesium in their dissolved solids, than those people who can get away with a higher TDS without spotting. So, it doesn't matter what anyone else can use, unless they are your next door neighbour.

Last edited:
Changed my resin today after working with 001 all day , I'm not happy with anything other than 000 so fresh resin and now 000 and a happy me for a few

Weeks, my lovely wife treated me to 50 ltrs of resin about a month ago so got enough for about a year I reckon /emoticons/smile.png

ive cleaned up 20 026 an its fine on new glass and on a over cast days but i found when u have them rubbers that leach out the black then u hit probs an need to double rinse same in hot sun i let mine go to 005 /006 then change its more peace of mind realy for me /emoticons/smile.png

Got 470 Tap get 005 after 30" Carbon / .5 micron sediment / softener then 40" RO then 000 after DI no dramas!

With these ppm figures being quoted, is there any point in polishing a ro output with a di?
Good point, but the figures are not constant figures. They rise to that figure and then go back to 000PPM with a resin change until it reaches x amount again.

True, but shouldn't a ro output at a fairly constant tds level? At least until the membranes needed changing?

True, but shouldn't a ro output at a fairly constant tds level? At least until the membranes needed changing?
Yes mine is never higher than 005 depending on temperature! Because I like it being 000 though I always polish it thru the resin. For the sake of £50 a year I'd rather it be 000 for peace of mind /emoticons/smile.png

Exactly mate, i think that's the point. But at least there's no need to worry about your resin going off.

Back