hmmm,odd ones....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by cheapncheerful, Apr 8, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. cheapncheerful

well how did i come by these odd ones....years ago with a leaflet drop with a local paper....
    how much ?the lady asks... £6.50.....oh the old one only charged me £5.50 now i know what you will all say ....hold your ground....but this was a long time back and i was after work... okay...you're not going to use that blade thing are you as the other window cleaner used to leave my cills wet... no of course not....i did....and still do ...but i do mop up well... and that was it ....an odd one....

well eventually her daughter moved nearby making an odd two....well thats better than one.... i did have a few other odd ones and i do them for a while and have let them go...but these two stuck.and a couple of others around the corner. so monday morning i hear that voice...

.well to be honest i had to work it out...its seven ish miles away...fourteen call it fifteen...so half a gallon of petrol...say £3.....well its right by subway so i am afraid thats a footlong £4.40 call it £5....so thats costs....£8 total potential earnings....£11-£8=£3...hmmm i was just thinking ...just not worth the effort when the phone rings.....a job i haven't done for ages in congleton the same as the other odd ones..:)
    ..now i am smiling....putting them together looks better..okay dont get carried away its only £20...but still..

as for my odd one,well she is a nice lady....and she is only in one house so i am left alone on the other...so i park my car in the middle and set off approx 250 yards to the daughters ...well....i thought she wasn't in so i rushed around the back to get stuck in...back gate locked and i couldn't split my ladder like i usually do as a ginnel was in the way....so in reverse i go to split my ladder in two and get over the gate... just put my ladder back together and start going up(3 storey) and the window opens...do you want some water?..

..well no i have just used the outside tap but they get upset if you dont say yes.... well my buckets around the front... wait and i will open the gate for you to go and get it...

so i eventually got stuck in....forgetting its kids holiday time and guess who is the highlight of the kids day....wish i was wfp now...

yes okay when i was younger i would soap up the window and draw an airplane/face etc to make them laugh.....but i old and grumpy now and just want to get the job done....and i can't hear a thing as the kids talk away at the double glazing... still off to do an empty house with the money in pocket i bucked up...bang my music up and hey ho off to work i go...after walking the 500 yards to get to this second house. i know its not enough so i don't have my subway....ahhhh..

..and i force myself to do another odd one ...cat woman...well lots of cats....on the way home.and then i head back for a nice early finish ....well its not really worth going to start a new area with only two hours left ....i tell myself to stop the guilt... any way to finish jackanory...

i had a little sleep and was woken up by the phone as usual....can you clean our windows in congleton please?....i give up...so now i have to go back again...a whole £15 in two houses...hmmm odd ones

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Odd when the phone goes, it's always 'how much?' Well how the feck do I know until I've seen what you want doing you prat. So many time wasters about I find too.

3. cheapncheerful

along with can you come tomorrow....hmmmm of course i dont have any other work...

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

That's what I call "going fishing" to see what other cleaners charge
    Don't tell me you have never phoned someone up to try find out their prices Tuffers :D

5. norm

norm Grand Master

ah cheapncheerful thanks for helping me forget about my coservatory prob m8:D
    oh cra- just remembered:(

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I don't go out of my way just for a few quid so they can wait when I'm next in the area. If not then they are welcome to find someone else.

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Very true cnc.

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

No Smurf, I have never done such a thing. But I did pull another cleaners flyer out of the letter box of a newly refurbished house today and replaced it with mine. All square as he poached one of my jobs a while ago :hehehe:

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Odd ones will want them done yesterday cheapncheerful when they make their mind up as they think we just sit around all day in our lazyboy's waiting for the phone to ring.
    I prefer a bed myself :D

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Tuffers you sneaky little devil :D

Advertisement