Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hokey Cokey customers.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

We only offer 4 and 8 weekly on domestic , anything else is a one off bespoke price two to three times dearer , we will fit them in for this if we have time but won’t put other regular off to do it . 

Commercial work we will do any frequency the client wants but most of the jobs like this are in the hundreds of pounds per clean so quite happy to be flexible . 

For regular customers that have holiday homes or own rental properties we will do emergency cleans for at short notice ie where properties are Costal  and covered in salt ,sea weed etc after storms and they have guests in or coming , so we are prepared to help out ,this service dies cost a bit more but again if we are in the area then we will do it at the normal price . 

Apart from that the customer has to fit our profile not the other way round .we don’t need any more work and Ime actively turning down over 90% of enquires for domestic work now , just concentrating on building commercial work which is a slow process where I am .

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to 'fess up I offer all my custy's a frequency to suit them...and say 6weekly is most popular but offer 8/10/12/etc. I also say feel free to change frequency out or in if you think it would better for you at any time (few do).

I know it's not quite as efficient but IMO custy's appreciates they are choosing and therefore they are in control - after all they are the customer - I get very few custy's stopping/skipping months etc. I can count on one hand how many have left to go to a cheaper windie.(I don't compete on price) Give them what THEY want and they will value that - IMO

I've had quite a few custy's say how refreshing / appreciated not to be told when they will have their windows cleaned.

Over time I migrate and group common frequency together so all 6wks on mon, 8wks on tue etc so I'm not doing excessively more travel...does anyone else believe in giving the customer what they want (within reason)?
I try to accommodate customers within reason, redundancy,holidays etc. But generally when they sign up with me and request changes that may disrupt the generally smooth running of the round I sometimes have to remind them of what we initially agreed to. You're right on price though good customers will stick with you even if you're a little bit dearer.

I have to 'fess up I offer all my custy's a frequency to suit them...and say 6weekly is most popular but offer 8/10/12/etc. I also say feel free to change frequency out or in if you think it would better for you at any time (few do).

I know it's not quite as efficient but IMO custy's appreciates they are choosing and therefore they are in control - after all they are the customer - I get very few custy's stopping/skipping months etc. I can count on one hand how many have left to go to a cheaper windie.(I don't compete on price) Give them what THEY want and they will value that - IMO

I've had quite a few custy's say how refreshing / appreciated not to be told when they will have their windows cleaned.

Over time I migrate and group common frequency together so all 6wks on mon, 8wks on tue etc so I'm not doing excessively more travel...does anyone else believe in giving the customer what they want (within reason)?
What you need to appreciate is it's your business so you can literally do what you want. At the end of the day if your business model works for you then why worry how other people run their businesses. 

If you decide to expand and employ then you'll probably need to change, if not then enjoy bucking the system. 

Latest Posts

Back