Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Holidays are coming, Holidays are coming

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HWCS

Was just wondering what you guys think is reasonable at xmas for staff & customers

Staff: I was gonna take the lad that works for me and his Mrs plus my wife for an xmas meal and drinks and foot the entire bill. But a couple of weeks ago he was in a financial pickle so i bailed him out, was only £280, but i know what its like to be in a bind & i could help so i did, we agreed that he would pay me back a bit each week starting in January (he has kids and didnt wanna see him struggle this side of xmas). Ive decided im gonna write it off as his xmas box, hes a good lad and he deserves a break. Wont go for the meal now but finishing lunchtime on 22nd December so will be an afternoon session followed by a kebab, and me probable p1ss1ng all over the bathroom floor just before the wife puts me to bed at 6.30pm ???

Customers: Y1 of trading i decided not to do cards for customers instead i donated £30 of food to local food bank on behalf of Holt Window Cleaning Services & my customers, i got an awesome write up in a local paper and it generated a ton of extra work. Y2 of trading i doubled my donation to £60 and some customers added to it so total was £90 donated the food to the local 'community fridge' same as a food bank who posted on their facebook page and i got even more work.

This year im gonna be donating £100 worth of food, but im no longer taking on customers as my books are full.

Its absolutely crazy just how much food you can actually buy for when you go 90% long life own brand food. Think im gonna need a bigger boot this year

Screenshot_20211119-064647_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20211119-064759_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20211119-064728_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20211119-064739_Facebook.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just wondering what you guys think is reasonable at xmas for staff & customers

Staff: I was gonna take the lad that works for me and his Mrs plus my wife for an xmas meal and drinks and foot the entire bill. But a couple of weeks ago he was in a financial pickle so i bailed him out, was only £280, but i know what its like to be in a bind & i could help so i did, we agreed that he would pay me back a bit each week starting in January (he has kids and didnt wanna see him struggle this side of xmas). Ive decided im gonna write it off as his xmas box, hes a good lad and he deserves a break. Wont go for the meal now but finishing lunchtime on 22nd December so will be an afternoon session followed by a kebab, and me probable p1ss1ng all over the bathroom floor just before the wife puts me to bed at 6.30pm ???

Customers: Y1 of trading i decided not to do cards for customers instead i donated £30 of food to local food bank on behalf of Holt Window Cleaning Services & my customers, i got an awesome write up in a local paper and it generated a ton of extra work. Y2 of trading i doubled my donation to £60 and some customers added to it so total was £90 donated the food to the local 'community fridge' same as a food bank who posted on their facebook page and i got even more work.

This year im gonna be donating £100 worth of food, but im no longer taking on customers as my books are full.
A massive well done to you for helping your local community. Your heart is in the right place. A real man right there ? 

I give an Xmas card to all my customers on the last 4 weeks of my round before xmas..I used to write them out by hand but I have a stamp now!?
If you must send your customers a card then you’d be better doing what HWCS has done. Money goes to a good cause then. 

Don't send cards to custys or friends and relatives complete waste of money and they go in the bin at the end of December, for the last few years we have chosen to  donate to a charity  buy sleeping bags for the homeless for the Salvation Army, this year fill shoeboxes with food stuff and toiletries for homeless veterans even got the inlaws to do this now 

Its absolutely crazy just how much food you can actually buy for when you go 90% long life own brand food. Think im gonna need a bigger boot this year

View attachment 26032

View attachment 26033

View attachment 26034

View attachment 26035
Top man!

View attachment 26032

View attachment 26033

View attachment 26034

View attachment 26035
It's great that you give to help. ?

I would still take your helper and his family to dinner for the Holiday, the money loaned or given to him is a different thing entirely.

Customers get holiday cards each year. 

Happy Holidays @HWCS

If you must send your customers a card then you’d be better doing what HWCS has done. Money goes to a good cause then. 
I stamped 300 xmas cards this weekend....I'll start posting them from next week....

I appreciate every customer I have...I also tend to get more xmas tips if I post a card....money gets spent on me and my family and a little for charity 

I stamped 300 xmas cards this weekend....I'll start posting them from next week....

I appreciate every customer I have...I also tend to get more xmas tips if I post a card....money gets spent on me and my family and a little for charity 
What charity is that Daz, the one armed drummers brigade? ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back