Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Worn Hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

windyman

Bought 100m of 6mm micrbore few weeks ago to use with my new van system.

Used it on a house on Friday & when reeling it in, there were quite a few bits of the hose where it had worn down through the yellow outer case & down to the braided bit!!

This is only the 3rd time I've used the hose!!! Surely this can't be right??

It must have rubbed on a corner of the house or a car tyre or something...do you all get this happening?

At this rate, I'll need a new hose by next week!

Should I contact cleaning spot & see about a replacement?

Sounds well dodgy to me mate. I have had my current microbore for over a year, and believe me when i say i am rough with it!. Just the other week i cut about 5 meters off the end due to excessive wear, but other than that, its still fine!. So i would get in touch with cleaning spot if i were you, cos that aint right!. By the way, i think i got mine from cleaning spot too, so shouldnt be any difference. You sure it wasnt attacked by a dog or something?, just a thought.

Thanks for replies. Nope no animals around at all. I did have to pull it round a few corners, but that's gonna happen with every single house!

Have emailed them, they might be closed today so will wait to see what they say. Not very impressed, hope they offer me a new one.

Thanks for replies. Nope no animals around at all. I did have to pull it round a few corners, but that's gonna happen with every single house!

Have emailed them, they might be closed today so will wait to see what they say. Not very impressed, hope they offer me a new one.
Must of had mine for a couple of years now never had any problems i am sure they will give you a new one

Had Mine a couple of years now and when I got it it was a used one not new. Still going strong. Send it back!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

I have 100m 6mm about 5 years old - now showing signs of wear but expect a few more years out of it

:idea: recently purchased "slip n slide" to protect the hose - works well on car tyres and wall corners:idea:

If the hose is faulty it would more than likely mean the whole batch is faulty; the other alternative is the hose is ok, but it’s a cheaper/ lower quality hose there is plenty of this cheap hose about.

I sell a lot of hose; all my hose is Uk made to ISO standards, the reason being poor quality hoses uses lower grades of material and the mix and method when making can be wrong, this would make the hose either to hard or soft, likely to split or hole and if the hose is made up of layers the layers wont bond together well.

The outer coating on these types of hose is usually a 'high grade of PVC' (un-reinforced) it should have good abrasive resistance for hard surface use and a resistance to ultra-violet and ozone etc

The outer surface can even be the same or very similar or better quality to pole hose; a quality 8mmOD, 5mm ID pole hose will have a wall thickness of 1.5mm, it is often dragged and walked upon on the pavement/road etc, and can easily deal with this kind of abuse when working and should last many months or even years depending on use, if it cant do this, its a cheaply made hose and shouldn’t really be compared to quality made hose in the first place.

Richard

Have sent pics to cleaning spot, they're forwarding to manufacturer, and then they'll let me know from there. I better get sent a new one...I order loads of stuff from them.

I did post a thread on this...but it got removed...sorry admin, didn't intend to break the rules!

All I'll say then on this subject is that cleaning spot will not replace my hose, and I'm left with a hose that's gonna last about another week. Not happy.

Hope this doesn't get deleted, I'm just being completely truthful!

Thanks for being truthful it helps us all and is good for us to know who are good or not but we can't allow big slaiting topics. :huh:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Appreciate that Gav. In hindsight I prob shouldn't have started a new thread about it! lol.

I was just fuming about it!

Cheers anyway mate.

that's a bummer. I'm trying to be more careful pulling around corners, some brick work is pretty sharp. but would have thought should be able to take some abuse anyway! sucks......

had nine 2 years,it was getting pretty rough, originally 100 metres 8mm, cut off 35 metre as didn't need it in end, so now after 2 years cut off the last 35 metres off reel that was badly worn, and joined the original length that I cut off when bought it, works well.

heard some say about taking hose off the reel and reversing it so the worn bits on the inside too....which might help.

It might be just the outer surface of the hose that wears away fast, if that is the case the rest of the hose could last a lot longer than you currently think.

Braided PVC hose is a tough hose; I don’t see how you could wear it out in that short amount of time – either way if it is as bad as you describe, you are en***led to a replacement or a refund.

Richard

Latest Posts

Back