Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are grippa reels worth the money? Yes or No

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Reach For The Glass

Hi

So need 2 reels, van mounted and have been looking about and saw the grippa reels.  

2 x manual reels 

2 x quick release bases

2 x full with guides

2 x 100m Hi Vis microbore

2 x Ez snap connectors 

£550 roughly.

Is this in your opinions a good deal or to expensive.

What other alternatives are good quality, solid reels which compare and are value for money. 

Ok so ordered 2 today. Got free quick release bases and free landscape roller guides.

Powder coated black.

£430 for the pair.

Didnt opt for hose as 200m of microbore was nearly £140.

Delivery .... feb  :1f61e:

Yeah I am hoping to be on the go this month mate. Have grippa system and could have used manuals in the mean time but hanging off until have the rest in place.

Bit silly I know but shouldn't be long now

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Grippa electric 2 man and heated system, pretty much the full works. I only have an nv200 van so now need a trailor for my pressure washing gear; but from being trad this will make life so much easier and more enjoyable for me.

Winters are tough in Scotland so heater be handy also with the conversion to wfp,upvc cleans, con roofs and I plan to continue doing all these add ons, this pretty much just gives me an optimum system for the window part I guess.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

@Chris33 i only went manual, i did think there power ups were a **** take in my opinion.

I would have gone waterworks for powerups i think but im sure the grippas are great. 

I suppose if they are that good i can always upgrade to motorised. How are you powering yours?

cant comment of the grippa stuff but we use reel works ones from gardiners so there not far off the price in short 

one set are 7 years old (,we have 8 of them in total )  been in three vans , never had any bits replaced (apart the the hose ) been beaten to death everyday with 20 stone pulling at them every job , they have had gear stacked on top of them when using the van for other things and there still going strong and worth every penny i paid for them ........

so if alex is selling them next to this reel i would say there going to be as good if not better as he wouldn't sell rubbish 

Back