Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My short term Grippatank reel review.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi guys thought id share my experiance with the grippatank reels and grippatank as a company. 

Now to save time ill paste what ive left as a review on there page.

Ordered 2 hose reels from grippatank. I knew there was a long wait for production which was fully acceptable.

After asking grippa numerous times about when the reels would be delivered i was given dates which kept getting pushed back. Mean while in between emails and phone calls regatding delivery i continually asked for info on fittings for the reels. I was always promised an answer, but from ordering to delivery this was never answered after being promised time and time again. After finally being given a delivery day i dismantled my system ready for install of new reels. I knew id lose a days work because i had to install the reels myself, again something i was fully aware of.

Delivery day came and went no reels arrived, gave it another day and no reels. Phoned grippa and spoke to pete, he assured me the reels would be with me that day before 4pm. You guessed it no reels. So i emailed to ask and recieved emails from oliver stating its delivery companies fault, which was not grippas fault and was rectified by oliver sending 2 new reels out for a pre 10am delivery next day and giving 10% off next order. I finally recieved the reels at 10am next day.

After unpacking the reels they seem good quality although not used yet i cannot comment on quality. After checking reels 1 handle is wrong and needs replacing which oliver said he will send to me. I also have no instructions for installation of quick release base amd reels. I asked oliver for a copy to be emailed over he said sure no problem. No instructions that day. Recieved email The next day asking if id recieved them as they had email issues with attachments, i said no but have still yet to recieve instructions or a reply from oliver, 3 days on now. Used facebook chat and asked for a copy to be sent or emailed over, response was 30 minutes later saying yes of course, 2 days later again no instructions or handle.

Ive found the whole process of dealing with grippa quite poor. What should of been 1 days lost work on my doing, has turned into a week and counting. Products look decent when and if stuff turns up, but should be at the price charged.

Would i use grippa again, maybe, ill let you when my handle and instructions turn up.!

** update.

well further to my review ive had discussions with oliver over my order and he was very understanding and apologetic to the situation. Offered a 10% discount at grippa on account.

i thought he dealt with this well and although some what annoyed and out of pocket i understood SOME of the errors , being the  courier service provided. Oliver assured me he would not stand for his staffs lack of transparency to customers going forward. All was well. 

* further update.

so reel handle turned up and it was the wrong handle.  They sent tge one i had which needed changing. Again i emailed oliver who promptly apologised and personally said he will pack and send a replacement again.  Good stuff.

In the meantime whilst working and using the reels, the handles became loose, reels did not spin true and felt wrong. I mentioned this to oliver who said  he would send handles with new spindles i think was the term used but dont take that as gospel. He said just tighten the handle nut with a 19mm socket and it will be fine until replacements arrive. Again all good, besides reels needing bits replacing after 2 days.

*update 

so after tightening the nuts they just become loose within a few rotations. Eventually tge handles just FELL OFF. Yep fell off. Now i have no reels. This was relayed to oliver who again apologised. 

New handles arrived. When i had a look they are not the same as the original design. I asked oliver what i was supposed to do to repair the reels which he explained. After taking bolts off of the plate which holds the handle on i couldnt remove the metal plate, as it fits super tight around the threads its mounted on.  I again asked oliver how to overcome this and was told they fit this way so the reel spins straight, i was told i need to remove all hose to get the allan key on the inside bolt head so i could loosen threads. (only on 1 of the reels i couldnt remove the bolts off of the other reel as they just spin, again remove all hose to get to inside to stop it spinning).

i havent spoken again with oliver, he has offered to have someone come out next day to do this work, collect reels to do the work.

In all honesty summarising it all up so far both reels and grippa as a company im extremely mixed.

i should not be having to take time off of work, lose my income, to repair reels that are a few days old and cost the best part of £450. I should have to work on them full stop. 

My reels are unusable and have been for 2 days and counting. I had no reels for around 5 days due to grippa misinforming me and delivery company messing up. 

Ive lost alot of money due to not having reels so cannot work, this is the hardest part. Spending £450 on 2 reels and have to replace , change and update parts is just totally unacceptable to me. 

when they worked for all of a day they seemed ok. Worth the money and wait, unsure as its early days.

oliver seems very passionate and this is a good thing for grippa, unfortunatley i cannot say the same for the rest of the staff i dealt with at grippatank.

* good points 

- reels seem of a good quality material

- holds lots of hose 

- easy to fit

- look nice

- olivers attitude to grippas errors.

* Bad points

- grippas reel has a handle design issue.

- delivery

- being misinformed throughout 

- cost 

- im really out of pocket 

I gave grippatank a 3* review and i feel this is generous, if i hadnt of dealt with oliver it would be a 1* experiance. 

Im happy to tag grippatank to this so they know and can feel free to respond of they wish and clarify what / if anything will be amended going forward as a company or with the reels.

@GrippaTANK

Thanks 

Sounds about right..

I got my system back on Friday and to be honest I am not impressed with the service from Grippa themself at all, although am with local support at Daqua.

I paid my deposit for Grippa reels and 2 man hot way back last year and while the dates for reel production and supply have been pushed back more than once; I don't think deposits should have been taken so far away from final product development. I fully understand this is a new product but it's still a big ask I think. I have had at least 3 due dates for install.

I had asked about this previously and Oliver suggested I could use manual reels and have the hot fitted back then, while I await the electric reels finally coming out. This would have meant two seperate install dates though (one for hot and a return for reels). Furthermore I have a small van and this would mean carting a manual reel from one end of the van to the other for every stop (I specifically wanted electric so they can sit on my system and I am still not happy at how long i had to wait).

When the hot/reel fitment was finally done last week, this led to me being off the road for 3 full days. On the website it suggests 1 day for a hot install. Some parts did not arrive with the grippa installers coming to Scotland and so this led to a delay here, but like the original poster I am also out of pocket by half a weeks wages due to this.

I had asked for black reels and have the silver ones fitted, one doesn't work and this was noted by the fitters before I left. But I still have to return after working long hours to have this fixed and there is no button on the reels to electrically reel in (only fobs) so this is also to be sorted. I had paid for fobs/button on system.

The rollers for underfloor hose themself are made of a cheaper metal, which is showing signs of rust already (this was part of the tank system install last year). They were expensive and I expected them to be a better quality.

I have spent a small fortune on grippa products this last year, and if they were priced similar to some others I may have taken this on the chin. I think I got a ten percent discount when I got the reels ordered along with hot, and after buying a grippa 500 the previous autumn off them that's not exactly a massive saving overall.

I have had a lot of support at daqua and this is why I chose to go grippa, Doug Is local to me and always helpful. The hot seems to work fine and yes the system does look smart, but no I am not happy with the overall way things have happened. Timescale, communication during delivery of order, quality, cost and lack of a realistic discount.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I got my system back on Friday and to be honest I am not impressed with the service from Grippa themself at all, although am with local support at Daqua.

I paid my deposit for Grippa reels and 2 man hot way back last year and while the dates for reel production and supply have been pushed back more than once; I don't think deposits should have been taken so far away from final product development. I fully understand this is a new product but it's still a big ask I think. I have had at least 3 due dates for install.

I had asked about this previously and Oliver suggested I could use manual reels and have the hot fitted back then, while I await the electric reels finally coming out. This would have meant two seperate install dates though (one for hot and a return for reels). Furthermore I have a small van and this would mean carting a manual reel from one end of the van to the other for every stop (I specifically wanted electric so they can sit on my system and I am still not happy at how long i had to wait).

When the hot/reel fitment was finally done last week, this led to me being off the road for 3 full days. On the website it suggests 1 day for a hot install. Some parts did not arrive with the grippa installers coming to Scotland and so this led to a delay here, but like the original poster I am also out of pocket by half a weeks wages due to this.

I had asked for black reels and have the silver ones fitted, one doesn't work and this was noted by the fitters before I left. But I still have to return after working long hours to have this fixed and there is no button on the reels to electrically reel in (only fobs) so this is also to be sorted. I had paid for fobs/button on system.

The rollers for underfloor hose themself are made of a cheaper metal, which is showing signs of rust already (this was part of the tank system install last year). They were expensive and I expected them to be a better quality.

I have spent a small fortune on grippa products this last year, and if they were priced similar to some others I may have taken this on the chin. I think I got a ten percent discount when I got the reels ordered along with hot, and after buying a grippa 500 the previous autumn off them that's not exactly a massive saving overall.

I have had a lot of support at daqua and this is why I chose to go grippa, Doug Is local to me and always helpful. The hot seems to work fine and yes the system does look smart, but no I am not happy with the overall way things have happened. Timescale, communication during delivery of order, quality, cost and lack of a realistic discount.

What’s the reels like I’m still waiting for mine I paid in full for it back in November would you say they are worth the money

What’s the reels like I’m still waiting for mine I paid in full for it back in November would you say they are worth the money

Paid in full back full back in November and still not got it ?????? Are you serious I would be on the phone prity quick asking for my money back no one should be taking peoples money for a product that’s not evan on the market or a proven product , I like Grippatank stuff and have a lot of there equipment but no way would I be doing what you have chase them up 

Paid in full back full back in November and still not got it ?????? Are you serious I would be on the phone prity quick asking for my money back no one should be taking peoples money for a product that’s not evan on the market or a proven product , I like Grippatank stuff and have a lot of there equipment but no way would I be doing what you have chase them up 
I have it now mate, there is these teething problems that are due to be fixed this week I think.

Latest Posts

Back