Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose reel on trolly

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Claber Aquaponys are sturdy little reels.

Thinking of changing from a standard Pure Freedom trolley to a Nano but can't figure out the best way to attach the reel with it having a diiferent handle.

We used to use a small Wilko hose reel on our trolley. We found it just got in the way when filling up the backpack and lifting the trolley in and out of the van. Also it kept coming apart. Now we just wrap around twenty or thirty yards of pole hose around the handles of the sack trolley, with a Hoseless fitting for the pole. We find it much easier to use. We only use the trolley/backpack for our soapmix for "spring cleans".

View attachment 20721
20200611_092508.jpg

20200611_092455.jpg

Claber Aquaponys are sturdy little reels.
When you consider the low cost & high,robust quality Claber reels are the best out there...

I've had a Claber 40 as my van mount reel (now upgraded to PowerUP HD) and still use my Claber Kiros for attaching to customers taps for FSG & conservatory cleans.

Is the top of handle bending?, I got one of those lightweight alu trolleys said it was for 100kg, bent on first time i used it, contacted company n it was only rated 50kg, but still bent. I bought two shelve metal brackets( the ones with multiple holes,that go from top to bottom to stop top section bending.  I ended up getting my money back for trolley. Got a wilko reel on it.

Is the top of handle bending?, I got one of those lightweight alu trolleys said it was for 100kg, bent on first time i used it, contacted company n it was only rated 50kg, but still bent. I bought two shelve metal brackets( the ones with multiple holes,that go from top to bottom to stop top section bending.  I ended up getting my money back for trolley. Got a wilko reel on it.
No issues with it at all. ?

Here’s mine. I’ve done two videos. Had to upload them to YouTube. I’ve not really seen any footage of it being done this way. Brief detail of what’s gone into this setup and also has the adaptability to become a portable electric hose reel. Which is talked about end of part one and gone a bit into detail for part two. I may do a part three showcasing it reeling in but I would need a camera operative for that as I don’t have 3 hands ? 

Hope this can help someone out. Any questions let me know 

Quite some time ago I remember someone posted a picture of a hose reel mounted on a trolly ?? Can you re post your picture and what hose reel are you using .

i have bought a warrior warlord trolly for softwashing and plastic cleans and want to have a small reel mounted on it just to hold about 30 meters of either pole hose or microbore , any suggestion appreciated 
This was my set up on the Gardiner backpack. I’ve now took the reel off and attached it to my PF trolley. The reel is holding 30m microbore, and it’s from eBay. To strengthen the connections on the reel joints I added some no nails before inserting the stand poles. Been using this 5 months now with no problem. It’s small and compact which is what I needed for transporting it ?? Let me know if you want any more details 

68F2187B-35F6-4DB1-A0A9-52C075BC7375.jpeg

49546F2B-A9CD-4116-ADEA-6C4E940D4C21.jpeg

This was my set up on the Gardiner backpack. I’ve now took the reel off and attached it to my PF trolley. The reel is holding 30m microbore, and it’s from eBay. To strengthen the connections on the reel joints I added some no nails before inserting the stand poles. Been using this 5 months now with no problem. It’s small and compact which is what I needed for transporting it ?? Let me know if you want any more details 

View attachment 20996

View attachment 20997
Thanks for the reply looks good , I have decided to just wind the hose round the handles as it’s not being used for  window cleaning  cleaning only chemical applications, and if I put a hose reel on it it would get in the way of other things in the van . 

Hi guys, great posts.  I am running a 5mm black hose from WCW from gardiner back pack with usual orange pipe and fitting you get as standard.  I want to now add on a hose real. Could anyone list me what parts I need now to buy in order to make it work. I am not sure what products/fittings I need to put on form the orange standard pipe and fitting going into the hose real and comoing out the hose real what part/fitting do I put on and enabling me to plug my pole and hose bit into. I am not the best at DIY.  Trying to find a clear fittings walkthrough and where to buy so I can add my 5mm hose to it all. thank you so much. 

Hi guys, great posts.  I am running a 5mm black hose from WCW from gardiner back pack with usual orange pipe and fitting you get as standard.  I want to now add on a hose real. Could anyone list me what parts I need now to buy in order to make it work. I am not sure what products/fittings I need to put on form the orange standard pipe and fitting going into the hose real and comoing out the hose real what part/fitting do I put on and enabling me to plug my pole and hose bit into. I am not the best at DIY.  Trying to find a clear fittings walkthrough and where to buy so I can add my 5mm hose to it all. thank you so much. 
What fitting does the backpack have? 

A garden female hose lock style fitting or Rectus 21 female quick connect? 

Get a mini hose reel from your DIY outlet of choice and attach it to your trolley with either jubilee clips or cable ties. Make a short fly hose between the reel and attach to your backpack hose depending on the connector as previously mentioned .

Gardiner 

Window cleaning warehouse 

Wintecs 

And the usual online outlets have fittings 

Note. Do not run miles of hose as your kill the backpack pump or controller 

I do believe its a maximum 20m 

Ps lidl 20m air line hose reel kits are very good for this application 

Back