Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fitting Electric Reel and Through Floor Rollers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Now it was time to look at the spare wheel that I removed to fit the rollers to see if there was a way to carry it.
I clipped the cage back in and put the spare in and raised it. It just hit the rollers!
Looking at it it only needed to move about 25mm towards the drivers side. I took the spare out and bent one of the legs that held the wheel.
I refitted the cage and spare and could just move the wheel towards the drivers side a little but not quite enough.
I bent one of the mounting 'legs' just about 10mm and that was enough for the spare to clean the rollers.
I marked the cage and re-bent the legs to locate the spare when putting it on the cage.
That did take quite a few attempts to get right.
RollersToSpare.jpg
There is about 15mm space between the spare and the rollers, so it should be fine.
SpareToExhaust.jpg
I guess I managed to move the spare about 25mm towards drivers side - exhaust side but there is still 75mm between spare and exhaust so it should be fine.
When the cage is raised the tyre is clamped against 2 bit rubber blocks so it can't move sideways.
I will take it for a run and check the temp of the spare and check that it hasn't moved but I think it will be fine.
I can keep an eye on the spare position looking through the roller guide holes.

Hopefully the spare won't cause an issue reeling in via the rollers from the side. Those side rollers are a little high than the spare. Worst case I will have to get some longer M8 studding and some thick M8 penny washers to move the bottom rollers down a little.

Hope that above helps someone considering filling an electric reel and through floor hose guides.

Well done looking good bet you cannot Waite to get back to work ???
I am looking forward to getting back but as I worked right up to Christmas I'm not back till about the 9th!
I have enough unistrut left to raise the reel about 30cm if necessary - just need more Zebs and 8 angle brackets.
I forgot to get some end covers to neaten the ends - I did use a file and take all the burrs off though. :)

Back