Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot Water System Turned Up Today!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

put it this way, i cant keep my hand in the hottest water setting! think the hoses would give up at joints and start to leak if you have it to hot
Mind you, best not to be that warm/hot otherwise it can crack the glass, specially if the glass is cracked already. Going to buy one tomorrow and get the mother in-law to fit it lol

yer it takes a while to get the right temp set, im going to fit the hot outlet a bit diffrent so i can get the temp right without having to go through all the hose first!

How long does it take for the water to come through the hose hot? I suppose even if the water that comes out is only bath hot, if you know what I mean, it will be still warm enough to clean the glass quicker... will it not?!

How long does it take for the water to come through the hose hot? I suppose even if the water that comes out is only bath hot, if you know what I mean, it will be still warm enough to clean the glass quicker... will it not?!
depends on how long your hose is really, think it takes about 5 minutes to get through my 60m hose,

i have it so that it just comes out warm to the touch.

yer it does clean the glass quicker, i had a con roof to clean on tuesday, just a flat plastic one, it was 10ftx8ft was green all over and it took about 10 minutes to clean it with the hot water, i did turn the temp up a bit on it too.

depends on how long your hose is really, think it takes about 5 minutes to get through my 60m hose,

i have it so that it just comes out warm to the touch.

yer it does clean the glass quicker, i had a con roof to clean on tuesday, just a flat plastic one, it was 10ftx8ft was green all over and it took about 10 minutes to clean it with the hot water, i did turn the temp up a bit on it too.

My hose is 130 meters.

Do you mean for every house I want to clean it will take 5 mins or so to heat up, or just for the first job of the day, then I will get get instant hot water on every other job?

Cheers

for the first time it will take a while to come through, but if u wanted to you could run the water back into the tank untill you get the hot water, it will cool a little inbetween jobs but it will be fine,

oh just thought of this, but this heater would need to be fitted near the back doors, and the doors left open to let fumes out.

Goo

for the first time it will take a while to come through, but if u wanted to you could run the water back into the tank untill you get the hot water, it will cool a little inbetween jobs but it will be fine,

oh just thought of this, but this heater would need to be fitted near the back doors, and the doors left open to let fumes out.
Good point, will have to leave the back doors open while working. Going to have a lad cleaning the front while I clean the backs of the properties, so hopefully no theft.

Goo

Good point, will have to leave the back doors open while working. Going to have a lad cleaning the front while I clean the backs of the properties, so hopefully no theft.
there is other ones that give out a little more but that needs to have a vent cut out of the van roof.

Would it not be easier to use a flume and have it exit out the back door than the roof??? That way you can always buy a new door if you remove it, where as if you put it through the roof, you can't repair it!!

An L5 is not that kind of water heater as was designed to be used as a portable shower outdoors hence why it should not really be used in confined spaces like vans. People do use L5’s though which is not a great idea so that’s why they need to leave the van doors wide open to reduce the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Would it not be easier to use a flume and have it exit out the back door than the roof??? That way you can always buy a new door if you remove it, where as if you put it through the roof, you can't repair it!!
like smurf said, L5 isnt like that. its not designed for a flime.

other ones that have a flume can be cut into the roof, and when taken out you can get one of those spining vent things to replace it, so its not that bad really,.

Latest Posts

Back