Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot water system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I use hot water most of the time and like a challenge like the con roof it’s great when you have finished and stand back and give yourself a well done .Roofs like that one you charge accordingly and explain why it is costing so much and when the customer sees the results they are over the moon and I get a lot of recommendations through it .Yes hard work but golden rewards which is what you want
@Clean zero. I dont mind Conservatories like that, as long as not stupidly awkward..
Making a noticeable difference, well worth it!. Charge accordingly🫧.

We do 4 weekly cleans on the coast that the glass is opaque after 4 weeks seagull poo sticks like glue it cuts the time in less than half using hot in this type of work .it’s not cheap I accept but it’s still cost effective .
I know this is an old post but I've finally had my webasto hot water unit fixed and is purring like a cat. ive got the vitron charger installed which is awesome charging my battery, but what I want to know is, do you think I can get away with just using my primary battery (115Ah) which powers my power reel and pump, to keep my hot water unit going for a 7 hour day?
Or do you think I need to daisy chain a secondary 115Ah battery? How do you have your battery system setup for hot water?

Thanks appreciate it.

I know this is an old post but I've finally had my webasto hot water unit fixed and is purring like a cat. ive got the vitron charger installed which is awesome charging my battery, but what I want to know is, do you think I can get away with just using my primary battery (115Ah) which powers my power reel and pump, to keep my hot water unit going for a 7 hour day?
Or do you think I need to daisy chain a secondary 115Ah battery? How do you have your battery system setup for hot water?

Thanks appreciate it.
@spruce is the technical guy and will explain it far better than me but don’t think that would be enough amp hours I think you would be draining the battery to much

Thanks appreciate it.
This is one of those "how long is a piece of string" questions which depends on so many factors.

I tend to do what a supplier recommends as their experience is better than mine. If Grippatank were supplying a diesel heater and electric reel, they will supply 2 Numax combo leisure batteries and link them together. The combo battery has CCA rating.

I believe that the controller made by Spring Europe fitted to the p/f reel will dampen the initial milliseconds short when starting the electric reel. Maybe Ian Sheppard of Spring could add his input. It's this high DC current draw that I would be concerned about with my heater. @Ian Sheppard

What we do know is that @dazmond has been running a 9.1kw diesel heater supplied by Grippatank, a Purefreedom electric reel and his pump successfully for many years with 2 x Numax leisure batteries, a b2b on board charger and a top up charge every night to fully recharge his batteries.

This is one of those "how long is a piece of string" questions which depends on so many factors.

I tend to do what a supplier recommends as their experience is better than mine. If Grippatank were supplying a diesel heater and electric reel, they will supply 2 Numax combo leisure batteries and link them together. The combo battery has CCA rating.

I believe that the controller made by Spring Europe fitted to the p/f reel will dampen the initial milliseconds short when starting the electric reel. Maybe Ian Sheppard of Spring could add his input. It's this high DC current draw that I would be concerned about with my heater. @Ian Sheppard

What we do know is that @dazmond has been running a 9.1kw diesel heater supplied by Grippatank, a Purefreedom electric reel and his pump successfully for many years with 2 x Numax leisure batteries, a b2b on board charger and a top up charge every night to fully recharge his batteries.
Yeah i agree every system is different. Ive migrated to the pure freedom hot water elec reelmaster, fixed ontop of my 500L cube tank.

Ive daisy chained my original 2 leisure batterys that xline fitted (both same manufacturer and volts) so my vitron charger positive cable (which is fused) goes straight to my heater battery, then short positive and negative cables attached to the battery that powers my pump and reel, that same battery is earthed to the van wall.
This was all down to google research, ive tested it on my driveway it seems to work fine, but the real test will be when i do a full day cleaning next week.

despite having a good b2b charger using thick 16mm 110amp cabling, im still going to hard charge at least my heater battery fairly regularly, especially in the winter months, as the cold canes the battery and more times than not, because the cold has depleted my heater battery sitting on the drive the frost stat doesnt work so doesnt protect my hoses. All fun and games. I want to make sure frost stat is gonna work on those frosty nights so i dont wake up to frozen hozes & pump - which means hard charging battery overnight (common sense tells me anyway)

One thing which has stumped me a bit though…my 5kw xline hot water unit which was fitted in may 2020 (used roughly about 18 months part time before the thermo top evo broke) xline guys put in lime antifreeze, they told me to not let it go below half way, then i bought prestone premixed (50/50) topped it up same year, a further several months later and the coolant level never went down. If it doesnt need to be topped up regularly, then how do u change the coolant round for fresh antifreeze if its been in the unit/resevoir for years.
I dont know whether im barking up the wrong tree, but ive been testing my now fixed hot water unit for past day or so now, checking temperatures, cleaning my own windows etc, and it can be random temperatures. One minute its tepid, next its hot, then next it goes down to lightly warm…is this something to do with my antifreeze thats been in there for 3 or so years? Ive looked inside and the coolant looks clean.

Then stupidly i went to my v11 controller to the temp (frost stat temp cage dangling externally off my tank cage) to see if i can change the temp of the water from the controller, it was reading 10c then as day went on went to 16c then dawned on me that it was the temp of the back of the van lol! Changing temp from the controller would just be too logical and easy after all!
The only way i can change the temperature of my water on the xline webasto unit is the temp gauge on the unit itself which is annoying, but even adjusting that periodically didnt overly make much difference, even when adjusted to ‘high’.
So would this issue be ‘old’ coolant? Or is this normal? Even on ‘high’ setting ive struggled to get over 40c when my unit should be able to get well over that.

Btw i tested the water for about an hour at home.
I just dont know why after 5-10 mins of startin the heater goin to toasty then shortly after goin to tepid or lower.

Back