Hourly Rate

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Murphy, Apr 14, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Murphy

Murphy Active Member

Just wondered what people earn on average an hour, I think my prices are very low:(

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I could be something else that effecting it, its not all about price.. Distance between houses, method of cleaning, speed you work, equipment you use etc etc

3. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Window cleaning van is currently averaging £30/hour , my minimum price is £10 , some hours we can do £40 others only £20 but a long as it stays at £30 for the now i'll be happy next year I hope it hits £40/hour

4. HotWash Window Cleaners

It's all going to be different as everyone's overheads are different. You have to make your own prices for your business. You might want 100 an hour some might want 10.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Simple answer is to try and earn as much as you can.

My advice would be:

1. Pricing - look firstly at what your pricing structure is and how it can be improved.

2. Organise - look at your round to see how you can organise it better to save on travel time and other expenses incurred.

3. Working Methods - Not least look at how you work and fine tune your methods/tools you use so you can work more productively but at the same time doesn't impact on the quality of you work you do. Also more importantly doesn’t jeopardise your own safety by trying to take short cuts.

Hope this helps?

6. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i average between 25-30 a hour, some days are high some are low, the prob with a lot of areas,. they have a ceiling on prices, there is a lot of cheap wc around where i am which is keeping the prices down, sure you get the ones who will pay a decent price, but these are few and far between down here, one of my custy was telling me the other week he ahd been knocked 3 nights in a row by different wc, all with different prices

a lot of the houses that they are building down here now have 3 windows and door at front and 2/3 windows and door at back, plus there are lots only doing 2/3 month clean and trying to get a higher prices they end up getting the prices wrong and not returning,

7. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

for me it ranges from £30 to just under £100 an hour depends what jobs im doing and how far they are apart.

8. OoO

OoO Guest

As long as its more than min wage for the hours I work I'm more than happy.

9. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

[SIZE=medium]You could get 50 different answer form 50 different people. Your post sound like you have already identified the problem, :Image9: concentrate on your own business rather than looking to others. Invest time & money into learning how to price, its important. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Work out your living expenses & business cost then add a disposable income of your choice. The aim is to do it in within reasonable working hours, no point in driving all over the country doing a 80 hours plus a week to earn what a good window cleaner can do locally and within reasonable working hours.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Richard[/SIZE]

10. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

I earn what earn good weeks and bad,but main thing is I earn and strive to be the best in the area.

Advertisement